DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air: Range Limited w DJI Goggles

UPTGrad

Reactions
Can anyone offer any insight into the following?
I am not in beginner mode, and there are no range restrictions as far as I know.
I can fly around just fine.
However, when connected to the DJI goggles, I can only fly out about 160 ft. It won't go any further.

There are no settings anywhere that would suggest such a limited range.
(All software, including Goggles, are up to date)

Thank you for any insights. :>)

Last edited:
You need to start with your phone/tablet and then swap to googles to remove restrictions. They come from the DJI app. I plug my phone into side on controller and goggles into bottom. Use app on phone to take off or manual. Once in air, unplug phone from side and googles will connect in about 15 secs.

Happy flying.

Reactions: pakrat77
> Use app on phone to take off or manual. Once in air, unplug phone

... OOOohhhh! Thank you! Thumbswayup
I've been taking off using the DJI goggles, similar to the way it works when connected to the Mavic Pro Platinum.
I may have indeed had my phone always connected to the controller at the same time.
I look forward to trying this out tomorrow... Goggles, with no phone connected.
Thank you very much! I never even thought of this as a possible solution. :)

You don’t have to take off with app on phone, just the way I do it. You just need to have the phone connected and app launched to remove restrictions. Then unplug phone from side. Googles will connect and you can use to take off as well.

as much as i like that idea of flying with no phone the mavic air rc doesnt have a screen on it to tell u imortant vitals does it? is the rc like the spark with no screen at all, if the goggles failed or battery died and u were far ouut u may get dis oriented if u are farther than los and dont know what way to fly home or obstacles, the mavic rc at least shows u some things like altitude and how far u are away so u know u are at least coming home in the right directions haha

There is no way to have both connected at the same time with the air thou. I have to test swapping back to phone from goggles while in the air.

Not worried about battery and failure. Same could happen on RC.

Also waiting to see if they implement home lock mode with the air. Saved my butt a few times with a phantom 2. Haha.

I guess if it happened I would hit the RTH button.

You need to start with your phone/tablet and then swap to googles to remove restrictions. They come from the DJI app. I plug my phone into side on controller and goggles into bottom. Use app on phone to take off or manual. Once in air, unplug phone from side and googles will connect in about 15 secs.

Happy flying.
I've been contemplating buying the DJI Goggles to use with my Mavic Air, but this whole business about not being able to use the tablet/phone connected to the remote at the same time has been a real sticking point. I want to be able to start up and launch the drone with the remote and tablet, set any of the functions/settings I need using the DJI GO 4 app, switch to the DJI Goggles while flying the drone, and then switch BACK to the remote/tablet combination to bring the drone back home and land it.

Is this possible?

Larry

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78