DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Range of SC and Standard Controller

Jiker69

Reactions
Using the SC with my Air 2S or Mini II. Is the range reduced compared to the Standard Controller? I have only flown with the SC.
Thank You

I have an Mavic Air 2 with both SC and standard controller. There is a light bit of extended range that I see with the standard controller (50 meters maybe). To me that's negligible. I probably only noticed the difference because I was looking for one. Based on what I read online, I expected a night and day difference.

Using the SC with my Air 2S or Mini II. Is the range reduced compared to the Standard Controller? I have only flown with the SC.
Thank You
I have used the SC with my M2P and for a year with my Air2S. I find the range is not good with the SC. Having said that I have never used the stock controller with the Air2S since my phone screen is not very good and I cannot afford a new phone. I would guess that the stock controller would give a better range.

Looking at the official specs, the Air 2 S standard controller outputs 398mw in FCC mode, while the SC outputs 355mw so a slight drop in output, however if you had the RC Pro that would output 1995mw quite a big difference.

Looking at the official specs, the Air 2 S standard controller outputs 398mw in FCC mode, while the SC outputs 355mw so a slight drop in output, however if you had the RC Pro that would output 1995mw quite a big difference.
Link where you found this information please?
TIA.

Link where you found this information please?
TIA.
Just go to the official DJI website and input each model, it will give the transmitter power pre model & area.

Reactions: Starz
Thanks. With that information, I would think the range for the Air2s would be best served with the rc pro.

Thanks. With that information, I would think the range for the Air2s would be best served with the rc pro.
Not ncessarily as I had RC Pro with range issue and repeated dropped connection. The dreaded “lost RC connection to aircraft” problem. Some have it, some don’t. I did and returned the RC Pro for a refund.

Reactions: Starz
Not ncessarily as I had RC Pro with range issue and repeated dropped connection. The dreaded “lost RC connection to aircraft” problem. Some have it, some don’t. I did and returned the RC Pro for a refund.
So far,(knock on wood!)I’ve not had that issue.

I have used the SC with my M2P and for a year with my Air2S. I find the range is not good with the SC. Having said that I have never used the stock controller with the Air2S since my phone screen is not very good and I cannot afford a new phone. I would guess that the stock controller would give a better range.
I use my SC with my M2P and my signal drops of after 2 miles out. Return to home with no problems.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom