DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Range on Mavic Mini

Yagi extenders seem to work better. You have to use the one tuned for the band (2.4 vs 5Ghz) you're using though.

3 miles, incredible. Where did you get the parabolic range extender? Thanks.

Looks like I'm the only one not getting any benefit from the parabolic range extender. Just got my Chinese Yagi today, let's see if they make any difference.

It might be your land but it ain't your sky. Otherwise I would be able to charge a toll every time a plane flies over my house. You don't own the sky over your land.
Nobody really owns land, at least they don't here in the UK, the Crown owns the land. Anyway, keep it low, nobody's going to get hurt.

Nobody really owns land, at least they don't here in the UK, the Crown owns the land. Anyway, keep it low, nobody's going to get hurt.
Here in the Netherlands we have natura 2000 areas (nature areas) which just got added to the no fly zone map but its causing an uproar as the nature parks are owned by various companies, municipals or such yet they don't own the air space. If the park wardens catch you they threaten you with fines yet unless you land in the area you are technically not breaking any law.

Reactions: ngoodson
Drone police spend there time looking for offenders to caution, that mention flying beyond there back yard LOS
Don't matter if it's over a remote desert in the middle of nowhere,you will still get a snack on the wrist.
Don't matter if it's a M2P or a Tello ?
@Pushkur ,at no time in my post did i mention anything about breaking VLOS rules ,i merely stated that a MM would not be visible to the naked eye at 6600 ft

Was just a bit of banter.....but
? Your defending yourself ,when you’ve not been accused!?
Unless you see yourself as a member of the elite drone police LOS team.?
No one is forced to read....Flying distances beyond LOS ,Mods,and FCC topics !
It was obvious the guy was talking about no obstacles blocking the flight path,such as hills,or trees,when he tried to explain his original post.
Binoculars ..yeah whatever.
Drones are fun,all that’s needed is a bit common sense.

Just for the logs, a friend of mine, in a very remote Country, on his own private land, has reached 1200 meters with a CE MM on 5.8 GHz with the Yagi installed. Been told that the trees could have interfered a bit so in a desert area should go a little further.

Going back to the original topic, 1.25miles is good going for the UK (CE) version of the mini, and in line with the specs (max 2000m).

It could be that maybe, possibly I have seen just short of 1200m reached, over fields before getting a few video glitches and signs of signal deterioration before the pilot chickened out and returned the Mini back to a more sensible range.? It maybe never happened though, honest! ?

Last edited:
Was just a bit of banter.....but
? Your defending yourself ,when you’ve not been accused!?
Unless you see yourself as a member of the elite drone police LOS team.?
No one is forced to read....Flying distances beyond LOS ,Mods,and FCC topics !
It was obvious the guy was talking about no obstacles blocking the flight path,such as hills,or trees,when he tried to explain his original post.
Binoculars ..yeah whatever.
Drones are fun,all that’s needed is a bit common sense.
Pushkur, you're a voice of reason. Being a newbie here, I felt like I'd committed a cardinal sin and royally upset a few folks, not my intention of course. Ah well, there's some decent people here. Cheers buddy.

Reactions: Thanev and Pushkur
Hi all, I can seem to fly to about 1.25 miles with my Mavic Mini, although it's supposed to have a range of about 2.5 miles. I have full view of the drone when reaching this distance then the connection is lost. Any thoughts? Thanks.
I had more or less the same experience, both over a city and outside. (Europe model)
Anyway without anything between the controller and the drone and carefully pointing the drone position:
-until 1200ft still possible to control the drone and make a good footage
-1200-2400ft very very laggy... still can control but it depends a lot from the environment
-2400-3600ft almost imposible to control, loose the signal very often

It's funny to see some connections problems when is just above me, sometime even at 120ft, especially in the city

Hi,

Not wanting to put a dampener on things but maximum distance in the UK is 500m. You have to have a commercial license to go over that, which I guess you don’t have?

If your drone works perfectly to 500m then anything over this in the UK is not really of much use if you want to stay legal.

By the way, you need register your drone with the CAA and take the online test, if you haven’t already done so?

I would have saved the money on the yagi, if you are over 500m, don’t have visual (unaided) line of sight and you haven’t taken the drone test or registered your drone you have already broken 3 rules.

You are not related to Dominic Cummings are you?

I would have saved the money on the yagi, if you are over 500m, don’t have visual (unaided) line of sight and you haven’t taken the drone test or registered your drone you have already broken 3 rules.

You are not related to Dominic Cummings are you?
The drone is 249g so not a requirement to register and take a test. I appreciate your concerns however.

Most I’ve had range wise

Rural - 1200m and the video feed signal started to stutter
Town - 450m and RC disconnect, ascended and it kicked back in

Both times I brought the bird back nearer, no point pushing it

Most I’ve had range wise

Rural - 1200m and the video feed signal started to stutter
Town - 450m and RC disconnect, ascended and it kicked back in

Both times I brought the bird back nearer, no point pushing it
Yes, same here. Not worth it is it. Fly safe and responsibly for best results.

Reactions: Nick Chill
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom