DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Range on Mavic Mini

Some people just want to micromanage everyone.

Mine only goes about 1/2 mile. Pretty sure it's due to the trees and terrain for me though.

I'm a bit confused about the "able to see" limitation - doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a drone? I have a long private road, a long dedicated electrical feed, and over 10 acres of woods. I got a drone so I could scout my property without having to physically trek out there all the time. Based on that rule, I might as well get rid of it.

My mini seems to have a good connection up to about 450 meters, then starts getting a little bit sketchy. By 600 meters its a bad connection, I chickened out, and hit the return to home button.

Reactions: ngoodson
My mini seems to have a good connection up to about 450 meters, then starts getting a little bit sketchy. By 600 meters its a bad connection, I chickened out, and hit the return to home button.

Hi all, good to hear yours can hv good connection up to 450 meters. Mine 200+ meters only, then connection start to loss. Signal interference here and there ?.

450 meters for a FCC controller is quite short. The specs say under optimal conditions it could be 4000 meters for the "Model MR1SS5: 5.8 GHz: 4000 m (FCC)"
Optimal conditions being perfect line of sight, no trees/foliage, sufficient altitude etc. and making sure the antennas are properly positioned and a bit of luck.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
New to here. I just purchased mini dji, I only get 1200 feet before it loses signal and starts to return home. That is not even a quarter mile. I was in a open field so nothing around me. I’m starting to wonder if this drone is defected. I’m from US (Houston,Texas) please help

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
Hi,

Not wanting to put a dampener on things but maximum distance in the UK is 500m. You have to have a commercial license to go over that, which I guess you don’t have?

If your drone works perfectly to 500m then anything over this in the UK is not really of much use if you want to stay legal.

By the way, you need register your drone with the CAA and take the online test, if you haven’t already done so?

Do you drive a car? You have never exceeded the speed limit or rolled through a stop sign?
They are suggestions, not laws. I put a light on mine and can see it three miles away at night. You should probably call the drone police on me. You could be the new Marvel superhero Mr.Boring, enforcer of LOS![emoji849]
Go whine to someone that cares anything about what your saying. We are adults here.

450 meters for a FCC controller is quite short. The specs say under optimal conditions it could be 4000 meters for the "Model MR1SS5: 5.8 GHz: 4000 m (FCC)"
Optimal conditions being perfect line of sight, no trees/foliage, sufficient altitude etc. and making sure the antennas are properly positioned and a bit of luck.
Trees and hills are the culprit for me.
It will be interesting to take it to a very wide open place oneday, and try it there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mandeh