DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ranges Not Adjusting

RabunRon

Reactions
Just updated firmware and App for my Mavic Mini... Settings adjusted to 500' altitude and 2,000' distance. BUT only allows 100' altitude and 150' distance. Didn't have problem before updates. Anyone else?

Just updated firmware and App for my Mavic Mini... Settings adjusted to 500' altitude and 2,000' distance. BUT only allows 100' altitude and 150' distance. Didn't have problem before updates. Anyone else?
Sounds like you are in payload mode or beginner mode. Check in Safety/Advanced Settings and scroll down below "Signal Lost" and "Emergency Stop" and see if you have "Payload Mode toggled on or off. It automatically goes into that distance limiting mode if the Mini feels extra weight like the prop guards.

Reactions: RabunRon
Thanks... powered everything up and Payload mode was/is "off." Saw some older posts about "beginner mode"... said to go to upper left of Camera settings... but can't seem to locate that. Another said to clear cache... reinstall app...
Any other advice?

Check if you're logged in, under "my profile" on the app startup screen. Not being logged in can limit the altitude/range to the limits you stated. Sometimes the app can get itself a bit confused and imposes these limits even when you're logged in. Logging out/in again can sometimes fix that. Uninstalling/reinstalling the app is a bit more drastic but usually solves the problem too.

Really appreciate the feedback. I am logged in to my profile, but strangely can't find a way to "log out"... so, might just try to uninstall the app and reinstall, and see if that does it.

Reactions: scro
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lschabert