Join Us Now

Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackcamo

Reactions
So I've been reading this post Golfer tries to take down my mavic
Golfer tries to take down my mavic
That post is closed now but I just can't stand the brainless ignorance of the subject. 'I was bored so I went out and was a***** to others' - what?
If I were an admin I would actually remove this person's account from this forum, as when reading through the replies he seemed to be not able to acknowledge his wrongdoing at all. This kind of behaviour is exactly what is bringing more and more regulations to kill the hobby. And I want to believe that majority of us respects other people privacy and their right to spend the day off peacefully, without annoying drone hanging above their heads. No matter what they are doing. What we can see in the video is a gross misuse of a drone. I'm truly angry, sad, and disgusted with it. Some people should never be allowed to fly a drone. I am hoping that he will crash sooner than later, hopefully into a tree and away from the public. What a****
I have always seen friendly reactions towards me and my drones, I guess it's the way I fly and respect other people's privacy. I take every oportunity to shed some good light on drones matter. And it really troubles me that one ignorant kid (if he's an aduld-it's even worse) with the drone can destroy it all.
Thanks you for your time spent on reading this little rant.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont think the drone operator did anything wrong.
Calling someone a sharp jab is a bit rich. Sorry, trying not to swear and get banned like your post will be.
If that golfer walked past my back fence looking for his ball, do i have the right to load up and let loose because he is ruining my privacy by being so close? Who knows, he might have a camera and be looking into my backyard.
It was harmless and shows the actions of the dimwitted public against the contrast of most of us drone users.
They can perceive that they lost their freedoms all they want but it certainly aint no reason to try and damage someones drone.

If someone stopped in front of your house and started filming you mowing the lawn you might wonder what's the deal? Then if you started mowing the back yard the the guy climbed a tree and started filming you you might just have a little talk with him. I agree ... the drone pilot is thoughtless and immature. The kind you see in the ER because he said .... "Hey guys, watch this". Strictly for show off because he posted it. Good for the Moderator to put a thumb on the trolls who can't seem to get enough attention.

I have to agree somewhat with the OP. While there is no expectation of privacy when out in public, that doesn't mean that you have, or should have, the right to antagonize someone who is clearly annoyed with your behavior. If you see that someone is getting upset with potentially being filmed with a drone then just move along. The user in question thought it was "fun" to further annoy an already annoyed golfer. That doesn't bode well for the rest of us and just gives the hobby a bad name.

I have to agree somewhat with the OP. While there is no expectation of privacy when out in public, that doesn't mean that you have, or should have, the right to antagonize someone who is clearly annoyed with your behavior. If you see that someone is getting upset with potentially being filmed with a drone then just move along. The user in question thought it was "fun" to further annoy an already annoyed golfer. That doesn't bode well for the rest of us and just gives the hobby a bad name.
I totally agree with you. Both are in the wrong. Drone operator should have just moved on instead of staying and antagonizing the golfers. The golfer just needs to relax. He's on someone else's property and I believe his privacy is a non issue. (Within reason. Don't start replying some crazy scenario). I know he's entitled to basic privacy. That drone could easily been the course owner getting some video for a promo video. The world needs to calm down

Reactions: KaiservonPoopChute
Now ..... to go further. Supposed the Mavic had a fatal battery error and decided to land early ... right there, and on the golf course!! Do you think there might be some interesting conversation when the Mavic pilot came over to the golf course to claim his drone?? Golfers are known to have a short fuse and are often known to bend pieces of aluminum and steel! Of course you have to be an adult and have the ability to think ahead to vision these scenarios. So ... in conclusion.... is the OP beat up enough? Or do we keep going until he can't get up??

Now ..... to go further. Supposed the Mavic had a ...

Well lets not stop there!!!

What if the Mavic flew past a Nuclear reactor and accidentally picked up a A-bomb and and then for reasons unknown dropped it a golfers head?
Wow, wouldnt the drone pilot be in trouble!!

Or what if the Mavic was accidentally fitted with the wrong battery and it exploded midflight and some of the firey debri landed on a fuel tanker and the fuel tanker drove through 20 suburbs setting them all on fire????

Or what if......

I know he's entitled to basic privacy.

This had nothing to do with privacy. It had to do with being harassed. The drone pilot admitted as much, and that he was being a **** for his own amusement.

That drone could easily been the course owner getting some video for a promo video.
No, it couldn't. Anyone trying to get video for a promotion would get permission from the golfers first. A golf course official would be smart enough not to antagonize paying customers.

People rationalizing that this sort of behavior is OK are exactly the types of people who bring negative, even hostile attention from the public and drive stricter rules and bans in public places.

Try to grow up and act responsibly.

So I've been reading this post Golfer tries to take down my mavic
Golfer tries to take down my mavic
That post is closed now
Yes it was closed and so shall this one be for the same reason .
It isn't going no where .

CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98