DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Raw and jpeg option not displayed, Mavic 2 Zoom

AndrewC

Reactions
I am new to the game, and the site. In camera and video settings the only options are Raw or Mov/Jpeg respectively, not both as it would appear should be an option. I have updated all firmware if that matters.

I am new to the game, and the site. In camera and video settings the only options are Raw or Mov/Jpeg respectively, not both as it would appear should be an option. I have updated all firmware if that matters.

I messed up the format options but I think everyone will know what I'm getting at there, no option to choose both formats.

.mov is a video format. Both RAW (.dng) and jpeg are still pictures. So its apples and oranges.

Also if you intend on shooting video (of course , right?) and you plan on editing the video files on a Windows based PC then you actually want to save the video files in the .mp4 format.

Save still shots in RAW and JPEG . If you want one file for a quick view (jpg) and another file to be edited RAW (.dng)

Reactions: ff22
After the new year I am picking up a new laptop to handle the 4k editing. It will be PC based and planning in giving Premiere Pro a try.
I wanted to save both file formats but the option is unavailable on the controller for video. In video mode the options are Mov or Mp4 but not both, I could have sworn I read somewhere both was an option? Pictures attached of controller.Screenshot_20181224-090911.jpgScreenshot_20181224-090933.jpg

You can only select .mov or .mp4. You can always use a simple Video converter on the PC to convert from one format to the other. Once the video sequence is imported into Premiere it will also export in a variety of formats.