DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Raw hyperlapse stability - Air 2s vs Mavic 3 pro

matt reflex

Reactions
I mam having issues getting steady hyperlapses out of my Air 2s- I use the raw photos, lightroom, process frames, export Jpeg workflow.
The problem is that they are often not stable. Does anyone know if upgrading to Mavic 3 pro delivers more precision and stability?
Hyperlapses with the new 3x zoom camera are going to look incredible.... potentially - if we can get around the stability issue

I mam having issues getting steady hyperlapses out of my Air 2s- I use the raw photos, lightroom, process frames, export Jpeg workflow.
The problem is that they are often not stable. Does anyone know if upgrading to Mavic 3 pro delivers more precision and stability?
Hyperlapses with the new 3x zoom camera are going to look incredible.... potentially - if we can get around the stability issue
You probably just need to put it though stabilization in a video editor such as DaVinci Resolve. The Lightroom technique is for time-lapse video where the camera is stationary on a tripod not a moving camera.

Hyperlapses with the new 3x zoom
three times the zoom equals three times the movement.. I think success with hyperlapses depends on how much the drone is hopping around. Take a look at the artificial horizon. It shows the drone movement in the air. Some days are much smoother than others.

Turning individual stills into video will always need stabilization and matching, either in a video editor after rendering (cropping some) or preferably before using something like LRTimelapse that will also match exposures.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun