DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC 2 Bricked

Suren

Reactions
Maybe someone here can figure out a way to get this resolved for me. Was on FW 02.02.0200 then decided to update to 02.02.0300 yesterday due "some bug fixes recommended" and RC sat connected to Assistant 2 for almost 2 hours and stuck on 2% updating. The red LED and 4 green LED's were on solid and screen was black. Tried power cycling etc all failed has in video. Its a brick now.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

• Sad
Reactions: SparePartz
Whether it's in warranty or not, I would be contacting DJI as they were the ones who released the update.

You have to wonder if there isn't some way of doing a "factory reset" like most electronic devices are capable of doing.
It would be nice if Dji manufactured these remotes with a pin hole at the back of the RC that you could press to reset it.

I saw your post on their forum and thought if you cannot get it going, it needs to be shipped in asap. Hope they get you sorted fast. They have had soooo many updates lately, I guess it was bound to happen.

I saw your post on their forum and thought if you cannot get it going, it needs to be shipped in asap. Hope they get you sorted fast. They have had soooo many updates lately, I guess it was bound to happen.
I have seen a few videos and posts about this black screen problem on the RC2 after I had the incident. I only searched when the issue happened to me but it seems that this has been there for a while. Only solution was to send it back to Dji.

I wish there was more public information about what can cause this and how it can be avoided... it makes me very paranoid about doing the updates.

I wish there was more public information about what can cause this and how it can be avoided... it makes me very paranoid about doing the updates.
I should have known better to wait out any new updates but I was silly and did the update, hard lesson learned.

I should have known better to wait out any new updates but I was silly and did the update, hard lesson learned.
Hmmm. That is probably not the best mantra to live by (the law requiring that we stay up to date for example (UK) but I seriously sympathize with the dilemma because of course a bricked controller is no fun at all to have to sort out.

And yet thousands of people do these updates time and time again without problems, so I just really wish I knew what was the factor that decides whether it's fine or whether you end up with a grey paperweight !

So after dropping my RC2 at the dealer for being faulty, I was called today by the same dealer saying that Dji has done a full recall on the Air 3 because of issues. They say i need to send the drone back. I will get a full credit on the fly more combo but cannot get a credit for the 2 years care refresh and ND Filters i have purchased. How far is this true? Anyone had this recall?

Reactions: XdekHckr
So after dropping my RC2 at the dealer for being faulty, I was called today by the same dealer saying that Dji has done a full recall on the Air 3 because of issues. They say i need to send the drone back. I will get a full credit on the fly more combo but cannot get a credit for the 2 years care refresh and ND Filters i have purchased. How far is this true? Anyone had this recall?
You should have send it to dji directly. By doing that you could easily negotiate with support. LOL. My RC 2 from dji air 3 had faulty motherboard that caused signal drops and connection issues. They replaced my controller without even asking and all was free (it was sent to dji support from Hungary)! I didn't even purchased drone from them directly.

You should have send it to dji directly. By doing that you could easily negotiate with support. LOL. My RC 2 from dji air 3 had faulty motherboard that caused signal drops and connection issues. They replaced my controller without even asking and all was free (it was sent to dji support from Hungary)! I didn't even purchased drone from them directly.
I was told by Dji to take it to the dealer I purchased from because of warranty, they will pay for the shipping etc.

I was told by Dji to take it to the dealer I purchased from because of warranty, they will pay for the shipping etc.
****. Then maybe it depends on region. I didn't even contacted support before sending it to dji. They just gave me label for package and that was it. I'm from Poland

****. Then maybe it depends on region. I didn't even contacted support before sending it to dji. They just gave me label for package and that was it. I'm from Poland
We don't have a Dji direct store in New Zealand, have to go through Australia so we need to open a case with support for claims.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeoffreyBH