DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC antenna arm feels loose on new Mavic

swoot

Reactions
Had the Mavic just a couple of days and I've noticed the left antenna on the RC is a bit loose, is this normal? Advice? Thanks

My new Mavic Pro Platinum arrived with a controller that has a loose left antenna. It won't stay in an upright position and rotates back to horizontal while in use. The antenna to the right works as intended.

I contacted DJI support who told me to initiate a request for repair on https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area. They do not offer a loaner controller while the repair is in progress. They also said that the RC will be examined upon arrival to determine if the repair is covered under warranty. If not, they will issue an invoice for the repair. The repair will take 10-15 business days. No details provided on shipping costs.

Obviously "loose" should not be a problem BUT...it should stay in position, even when shakin' it a little.
Nothing fancy about the design, it just a one-way click-in system. You could easily fix it (might need a thin washer) if you are willing to open the remote, can be done in 30 mins instead of 15 days..

Reactions: larsz and MrsTreat