DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Antennas -- what do they do?

Jack Daw

Reactions
Anyone know the difference, if any, between the function of the right antenna on the controller and the left one?

It's called "parity", they work synergically, at each given time switching for the one who gets the best signal.

They work together. You want them always to be parallel to each other for maximum gain, and with the flat surfaces facing the drone. For example, for most normal flights away from you, you would want them at 45 degrees (and of course parallel). If you were flying directly overhead, you would want them outstretched so that the flat parts were facing the drone above. And don't forget to lower the "feet" on the Mavic Air itself - those are the antennae :)

Well, I'm asking because one of my antennae -- the left one -- isn't connecting properly. The little male uf.l connector inside the controller is damaged. So what happens if I fly with only the right antenna working?

It's called "parity", they work synergically, at each given time switching for the one who gets the best signal.
Never heard of an antenna term called Parity, could you be thinking Antenna diversity which uses two antennas?

Well, I'm asking because one of my antennae -- the left one -- isn't connecting properly. The little male uf.l connector inside the controller is damaged. So what happens if I fly with only the right antenna working?
You're more likely to lose signal, better replace...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato