DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Bricked ???

digilef

Reactions
Hello there ! i tryed to update the FW to the latest ! When it ended it said that failed ! Now the RC display lights up but is blank and the power button light is flashing !
When i connect the RC to the DJi assistant it reads the RC with firmware 00000000. I cannot update again or hard reset through the assistant. It fails !
Before everything was working properly !
Any ideas ???
Can i flash the firmware by usb or something ? Can i reset it manually ?

Sorry, I'm no help but feel for you!!! (DJI should overnight an exchange when this happens!!!!)

Just think if a laptop needed this many "updates" to it and failed that often. . . .(I know not apples to apples but come on. . .)

Hello there ! i tryed to update the FW to the latest ! When it ended it said that failed ! Now the RC display lights up but is blank and the power button light is flashing !
When i connect the RC to the DJi assistant it reads the RC with firmware 00000000. I cannot update again or hard reset through the assistant. It fails !
Before everything was working properly !
Any ideas ???
Can i flash the firmware by usb or something ? Can i reset it manually ?

You can use the Assistant 2 software. take a look at the DJI support pages.

DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

Sorry, I'm no help but feel for you!!! (DJI should overnight an exchange when this happens!!!!)

Just think if a laptop needed this many "updates" to it and failed that often. . . .(I know not apples to apples but come on. . .)

Laptops (both windows and apple) average 4 or 5 updates a week if you look at the rolled in patches admittedly distributed once a month (traditional windows) or longer if apple. But they need more updates and are more frequent.
Mavics arent failing that often. Its just there are a lot of mavics around!

TRY THIS BUT ITS ON YOU
BIRD OFF
Close dji assistant2
Turn on remote and check for connection
Backup first. If backup does not finish successfully give up!
Download firmware for MAVIC rc 900 28MB cca (i was on 900 so download your last fw used)
Download firmware for MAVIC rc 1000 28 MB cca
Flash Mavic fw 900 or yours x00 and wait some time to finish 10-15 minutes
Restart REMOTE
Flash Mavic fw 1000, open dji assistant2 check for upgrade progres. If there is no progres click start upgrade and cross your fingers... when finished turn on bird and check for connecting

THIS WORKED FOR ME, for different error, and procedure may be different SO DO IT IF U FEEL LUCKY ITS ON YOU

This just happened to me this morning. Tried updating the software and after it had failed the RC's power button stays on and just blinks. I can turn it off but when i turn it back on that's all it does, blinks...forever.

I tried doing the assistant2 and it brought up the RC and then it seemed like it wanted to update the software and then nothing happened for a while. I tried to restart the process but now it doesn't work. I went ahead and sent DJI an email and hopefully they can guide me on what to do next.

This just happened to me this morning. Tried updating the software and after it had failed the RC's power button stays on and just blinks. I can turn it off but when i turn it back on that's all it does, blinks...forever.

I tried doing the assistant2 and it brought up the RC and then it seemed like it wanted to update the software and then nothing happened for a while. I tried to restart the process but now it doesn't work. I went ahead and sent DJI an email and hopefully they can guide me on what to do next.

any update on this @logiceighty5 ?
I suffer from exactly the same illness
thanks in advance

any update on this @logiceighty5 ?
I suffer from exactly the same illness
thanks in advance

I had to send it in. Its been a week... with no message from them. I had to contact them to find out more about it and all i was told is that its in the process of getting fixed and that they'll expedite the order.

Reactions: RAFALE
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada