DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Buttons Stop Working While In Flight

Pappy

Reactions
Has anyone else experienced this:
You take off and test the "Fn", "Photo/Video" toggle, and "Shutter/Record" RC buttons and they all work. After several minutes you notice these buttons are no longer functioning. You can, however, use the Fly app to control the functions assigned to the RC buttons.

I tried bringing the MA2 down and rebooting it, leaving the FLY app and RC running. This did not reset and allow the buttons to function. I then exited the Fly app, while the RC and MA2 were running, and started the Fly app again. Restarting the app corrected the non-functioning buttons situation and the buttons continued to function for the remainder of the flight.

I tried rebooting the Samsung Galaxy A71 prior to using the Fly app and this did not help.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy A71, Android 10, April 2020 Security Patch

I have noticed I sometimes have to hit the shutter button multiple times to get a photo or video to start.

Yes I have noticed same problem many times. Unresponsive photo/video buttons and specially Fn that just doesnt work after some time in air.
I actually had same problem with Mini where tapping to change flight mode didn't work. Relaunching app worked with Mini and somewhat works with Air 2.

Kinda annoying.

For a reason unknown to me, turning off Bluetooth stops my controllers buttons from working.

For a reason unknown to me, turning off Bluetooth stops my controllers buttons from working.

On the Mavic Mini forums, there were people having issues with the buttons and the device screen (changing flight modes) with Bluetooth disabled.

I wonder if it has to do with the app.

On the Mavic Mini forums, there were people having issues with the buttons and the device screen (changing flight modes) with Bluetooth disabled.

I wonder if it has to do with the app.
Not sure. I can say I just took a flight out to around 11,000ft and didn't have any shutter button issues but I only took a few pics and was mainly just recording video. Seemed to help having bluetooth off but it could have just been a coincidence.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S