DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC cable too short

Hellocrystal

Reactions
Sorry if this is been asked a million times, I’m very new. I’m trying to set up my Mavic pro platinum. I purchased an iPad holder but just noticed that the cable is too short to connect to the iPad. Do I need to order a longer cord? Or is there a way around it?

You can connect a longer cable to the USB port on the bottom of the remote controller. Cables around 12" usually fit best. If you don't have a cable that short, you could use the cable you use to charge your iPad.

Just heads up on the port at the bottom of the Mavic remote - while it is convenient regular sized USB (so you can use your charger cable) - I had some video issues using this port with an iPad. I ended up getting an adapter to connect at the end of the charger cable, and connected to the smaller USB port on the left side of the remote - and the video issues went away.

Just heads up on the port at the bottom of the Mavic remote - while it is convenient regular sized USB (so you can use your charger cable) - I had some video issues using this port with an iPad. I ended up getting an adapter to connect at the end of the charger cable, and connected to the smaller USB port on the left side of the remote - and the video issues went away.
That would seem to be more of a problem with the port on your specific remote, or your cable, not that port in general. Most people don't have a problem with that port.

Reactions: scgene31
That would seem to be more of a problem with the port on your specific remote, or your cable, not that port in general. Most people don't have a problem with that port.

Could be. I was using it previously with no issues. Also been using it with Android tablet with no problem. But with the latest firmware and latest DJI GO on iPad, I do experience issues with the video feed on that bottom port. Note that I am using the same cable in both cases... just added an adapter at the end of the cable to connect to the smaller port - so that rules out the cable.

Just heads up in case others experience the same...

Really the bottom port is the go to port on the mavic pro.. maybe yours has a problem..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929