DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC charging/discharging matters

Chips

Reactions
I've found that the RC takes a while to recharge, even from 70%. Is this normal? If it is, why so?

It also discharges quite fast when in use and as I usually use one battery at one location and then move on, I have taken to recharging the RC while driving. That tops it up to as much as possible in the time I am driving to another spot. It's a bit troublesome, unlike the RC for the Spark which lasts much longer.

I also noticed that when connected to my tablet, the battery in the RC seems to look like it's charging the tablet. Not sure if this is really so and perhaps someone can help me on this. I looked though Go 4 to see if there is any setting that might be related to this but can't find anything.

Reactions: mereflyer
YES, the remote control charges a connected Android device with about 500mA. The battery of the remote control has 2950mA. So it would take about six hours for the battery of the remote control to be empty, if only the remote had to do this.

YES, the remote control charges a connected Android device with about 500mA. The battery of the remote control has 2950mA. So it would take about six hours for the battery of the remote control to be empty, if only the remote had to do this.
So there is no way to prevent the RC from charging the device? I tried looking for a cable that is only data which may not transfer electricity, but it doesn't seem to exist. It just seems an unnecessary waste of the RC's energy which should be conserved for its own use.

Reactions: mnis
You can not turn this feature OFF but bypass it in different ways.

The easiest way:
Use an Apple device ... not my favorite.

You can also use the lower USB port for the Android device, and use a Powerbank with the Left port. Some stick a small power bank under the RC remote ... not my favorite.

Then there are also DIY adapters that prevent charging an Android device ... I prefer.

And finally, there are already on eBay for small money small ready adapters that can prevent charging ... I have seen, but not tested so far.

You can not turn this feature OFF but bypass it in different ways.

The easiest way:
Use an Apple device ... not my favorite.

You can also use the lower USB port for the Android device, and use a Powerbank with the Left port. Some stick a small power bank under the RC remote ... not my favorite.

Then there are also DIY adapters that prevent charging an Android device ... I prefer.

And finally, there are already on eBay for small money small ready adapters that can prevent charging ... I have seen, but not tested so far.
Thanks for the tips. From Day 1, I have been using the large USB port in the middle to connect to the tablet and the small port on the left for recharging.

Reactions: mereflyer and mnis
Thanks for the tips. From Day 1, I have been using the large USB port in the middle to connect to the tablet and the small port on the left for recharging.
Yes I do the same - Noticed the high controller (TX) discharge rate when connected, so used the same idea as you have. Connected from Galaxy Tab A6 to USB centre port and powerbank to small port on left side - has worked well for over 3 months on my MP1.

Most flights, still 100% battery after 20 minute flight! - definitely recommend!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarstenG