DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC charging option enabled...

Speedmeister

Reactions
It doesnt seem to work on my ipad pro 10.5. Anybody else have the same problem? I use three batteries and RC have plenty leftover juice. It would be nice to charge ipad while flying.

It doesnt seem to work on my ipad pro 10.5. Anybody else have the same problem? I use three batteries and RC have plenty leftover juice. It would be nice to charge ipad while flying.
I am able to charge my iPhone with the RC. You do have to enable it each time you run the app.

Tried turning it on before and after rc and m2z initialization routine and ipad screen says “not charging”. I am on current iOS, Go4 app and M2Z firmware as of today.

Since you have an Ipad you probably are connecting with the USB port on the bottom of the RC. Possibly it may not work to charge from that port.

I am using the side connector. You made me look at the bottom of my remote after reading your post. I didnt know there is a USB port. I use the same cable I use for my spark. I may try using the cable i use for the phantom which uses a usb connection and see if it charges ipad. Thanks.

I will try it with the cable that came with the M2Z. It is too short for my mavmount but will try to test if it makes any difference. Using the USB connection did not work also.

I will try it with the cable that came with the M2Z. It is too short for my mavmount but will try to test if it makes any difference. Using the USB connection did not work also.
The ipad requirs too much current and wont charge, its the same if you plug an ipad into a normal pc usb port. Ipad requirs 10watts.

I retested the usb connector of the rc to my ipad 10.5. It does charges my ipad 10.5. My ipad was at 100 percent battery. I will try again later to see if it still charges when ipad battery is at less than 100 percent. The first time I tried it it didnt work.

I tested it again and it did not charge ipad once ipad battery went below 100 percent.

Last edited:
I retested the usb connector of the rc to my ipad 10.5. It does charges my ipad 10.5. My ipad was at 100 percent battery. I will try again later to see if it still charges when ipad battery is at less than 100 percent. The first time I tried it it didnt work.

I tested it again and it did not charge ipad once ipad battery went below 100 percent.
Your answer is in #8 above.

Its nice to have the charging feature if you are caught out with a display device at low charge- no question. The remote battery doesn't have a lot of reserve capacity however. Its not hard to charge your iPad when charging batteries and the remote. The iPad will outlast the controller by a large margin if charged before flight.

I have 3 drones that I take to the park and fly. All use the ipad for display. Flying the M2Z with 3 batteries only used 20% of ipad battery power so I should be fine. Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123