DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Controller power level drops fast!

MavicMike55

Reactions
Just took my mini 3 pro up for a flight of about 30-35 minutes with larger battery. The RC controller was fully charged when I started. After I was done, RC was showing 3 lights only. Just did some flying in normal mode, and 2 hyperlapses of about 6-7 seconds. That's IT. When I came back, the RC was only showing 3 lights.

Does this sound right? Any one else think their RC is discharging this fast while flying?

I noticed that the RC does discharge faster than the RC-N1, only had it a few weeks, I have the Plus Batteries as well (arrived a week later), flew both Plus Batteries at about 32-35 minutes each, and the stock battery for about 25 minutes or so, and was down below 50% on the RC - I don't recall how low, but will look next time - If you swipe down the screen, you will see battery % in the upper right corner, I think if I had 2 more batteries, I might have run it to ground...

I noticed that the RC does discharge faster than the RC-N1, only had it a few weeks, I have the Plus Batteries as well (arrived a week later), flew both Plus Batteries at about 32-35 minutes each, and the stock battery for about 25 minutes or so, and was down below 50% on the RC - I don't recall how low, but will look next time - If you swipe down the screen, you will see battery % in the upper right corner, I think if I had 2 more batteries, I might have run it to ground...
Today at Lunch - 2 batteries, 30 minutes each, No Hyper or anything - Started at RC at full 100% - 52% left on the RC after one hour of flying - (still had 28% left in each battery after 30 mins each) - I'm know I can run 3 batteries, but 4th 30 minute flight I'd be wary of - It does charge up rather quick though

Reactions: Torque
Well, I went out and flew again today. 2 of the plus batteries down to about 20% each(maybe 65-70 minutes). NO hyperlapses, A little bit of active tracking, but mostly free flight, and my controller went from full to about 60 % (2 solid and 1 flashing light). I guess this is what it's gonna be like with this controller. Somewhat disappointing, but I guess I can live with it. IF!!!! ...... they fix the range!

The controller battery has to power a (bright) display, as well as the equivalent of a mobile device. I'm not surprised the power level drops.

I estimate I'll get 3-4 batteries of flying in before the controller needs recharging.

Oh, and have you installed the latest update? I did that this morning, and no range issues.

Reactions: Torque
Just took my mini 3 pro up for a flight of about 30-35 minutes with larger battery. The RC controller was fully charged when I started. After I was done, RC was showing 3 lights only. Just did some flying in normal mode, and 2 hyperlapses of about 6-7 seconds. That's IT. When I came back, the RC was only showing 3 lights.

Does this sound right? Any one else think their RC is discharging this fast while flying?
Yes….this sounds like what mine is doing. I do fly with the remote on full brightness during the day. On the plus side it does charge back up really fast.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661