DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Controller power level drops fast!

MavicMike55

Reactions
Just took my mini 3 pro up for a flight of about 30-35 minutes with larger battery. The RC controller was fully charged when I started. After I was done, RC was showing 3 lights only. Just did some flying in normal mode, and 2 hyperlapses of about 6-7 seconds. That's IT. When I came back, the RC was only showing 3 lights.

Does this sound right? Any one else think their RC is discharging this fast while flying?

I noticed that the RC does discharge faster than the RC-N1, only had it a few weeks, I have the Plus Batteries as well (arrived a week later), flew both Plus Batteries at about 32-35 minutes each, and the stock battery for about 25 minutes or so, and was down below 50% on the RC - I don't recall how low, but will look next time - If you swipe down the screen, you will see battery % in the upper right corner, I think if I had 2 more batteries, I might have run it to ground...

I noticed that the RC does discharge faster than the RC-N1, only had it a few weeks, I have the Plus Batteries as well (arrived a week later), flew both Plus Batteries at about 32-35 minutes each, and the stock battery for about 25 minutes or so, and was down below 50% on the RC - I don't recall how low, but will look next time - If you swipe down the screen, you will see battery % in the upper right corner, I think if I had 2 more batteries, I might have run it to ground...
Today at Lunch - 2 batteries, 30 minutes each, No Hyper or anything - Started at RC at full 100% - 52% left on the RC after one hour of flying - (still had 28% left in each battery after 30 mins each) - I'm know I can run 3 batteries, but 4th 30 minute flight I'd be wary of - It does charge up rather quick though

Reactions: Torque
Well, I went out and flew again today. 2 of the plus batteries down to about 20% each(maybe 65-70 minutes). NO hyperlapses, A little bit of active tracking, but mostly free flight, and my controller went from full to about 60 % (2 solid and 1 flashing light). I guess this is what it's gonna be like with this controller. Somewhat disappointing, but I guess I can live with it. IF!!!! ...... they fix the range!

The controller battery has to power a (bright) display, as well as the equivalent of a mobile device. I'm not surprised the power level drops.

I estimate I'll get 3-4 batteries of flying in before the controller needs recharging.

Oh, and have you installed the latest update? I did that this morning, and no range issues.

Reactions: Torque
Just took my mini 3 pro up for a flight of about 30-35 minutes with larger battery. The RC controller was fully charged when I started. After I was done, RC was showing 3 lights only. Just did some flying in normal mode, and 2 hyperlapses of about 6-7 seconds. That's IT. When I came back, the RC was only showing 3 lights.

Does this sound right? Any one else think their RC is discharging this fast while flying?
Yes….this sounds like what mine is doing. I do fly with the remote on full brightness during the day. On the plus side it does charge back up really fast.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom