DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC GEEKS LANDING PAD Review

Mr. Moe

Reactions
20180204_214601.jpg 20180204_214550.jpg 20180204_214601.jpg 20180211_124708.jpg 20180211_124717.jpg 20180211_124753.jpg I've seen all the foldable flip out landing pads out there and when this arrived and opened the box, I was surprised that it was not one.

So I read the assembly directions (Yes I still read the directions for things) and went to it. Now the product is made out of 9 pieces which consist of 4 outer rings, 4 screw in posts that act as a stand and the center landing pad. The pieces are molded from hard plastic. Also comes with a carry bag and associated stickers to apply.

Now this landing pad also has lights that light up the landing area. They randomly shift colors and the location of which lights you want on can be selected using the 3 position switch under it. RC GEEKS supplies you with the three batteries needed to light up the pad.

Initial assembly which took about 15 minutes which included the application of the stickers it looked to be a little too small for the Mavic Pro. As you can see from the photo it's a tight fit.

Flight operations: Took my mavic out and tested it's ability to land on the pad using precision landing function. The Mavics ability to land on such a small area was surprising to me. As you can see in the video the Mavic landed on the pad exactly where it took off.

Now as we all know sometimes the Mavic will land just a few inches to a foot off from where it took off at and that could pose a problem with this landing pad. Unless the Mavic lands exactly on the pad where it took off, it could land with one or two of its landing gear off the pad causing the gimble to hit the pad. With it being a hard surface that could pose a problem.

Portability: We purchased the Mavic Pro for its portability and this landing pad with it being made of hard plastic it is not that portable unless you have a large backpack/case that you carry your mavic in that has extra room for this. Where as the cloth foldable landing pads are able to be folded into small pockets.

All in all I would give the RC GEEKS landing pad a fair grade if you have the ability to pack it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weblloyd