DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Gimbal Horizon tilt adjustment

curtismyhero

Reactions
Hey guys,

First post, but have lurked/read for quite a while. I apologize in advance as I did search and couldn't find an answer on this particular item. At a high level, I've read that there's a shortcut with the RC, consisting of pressing and holding the C2 button and rotating the right wheel which will allow for the horizon tilt to be adjusted 'on the fly'. Sadly, I cannot get this to work on my Mavic. I'm curious if anyone has had any luck trying this on their Mavic, and if so are you using the DJI Go, or DJI GO 4 app. Additionally, if you are using iOS, or Android I can try pinpointing what my particular issue may be.

Thanks in advance!

I've heard about this, but have not tried it yet myself. Contrary, there is the simple setting in the Go App to set the gamble tilt while flying under the gimbal menu.

Yeah I've used the adjustment within the app (for clarification sake, I am only using the go 4 app), but would love to map/hotkey the adjustment via controls, for sake of convenience.

Button and right wheel works for me, but adjusts exposure at the same time...

Press C2 (or was it C1?) at the same time!
I'm on IOS

I'm not sure why you would have to adjust the gimbal roll that often. It's like a trim setting. Set it and forget it! Does your gimbal horizon keep changing? I had to adjust to -0.4 and it has stayed stable since I got it.

I'm not sure why you would have to adjust the gimbal roll that often. It's like a trim setting. Set it and forget it! Does your gimbal horizon keep changing? I had to adjust to -0.4 and it has stayed stable since I got it.

No, it's not that my horizon changes, but I am just stumped more so that in the event I need it I don't have hotkeys to adjust it. I'm also now curious if there is a difference in features between the iOS and android version of DJI Go 4.

I find doing a quick 360 or 720 on the spot fixes a crooked horizon. Useful if not filming at the time.

Reactions: Egika
I did a full, and careful, IMU / Gimbal calibration yesterday. Whatever tilt there was is almost all gone.

... until you stacked it, It might have a bit of a headache again now :p
I think you should calibrate everything all over again, once you have thawed it all out ;)

... until you stacked it, It might have a bit of a headache again now :p
I think you should calibrate everything all over again, once you have thawed it all out ;)

If that was aimed ay me I agree. System is in the dehydration processing station (aka: food dehydrator) at present. Will get end to end calibration on exit tomorrow.

Yeah it was aimed at you tongue in cheek. If it was me I would turn it on and it comes up with no errors I would calibrate nothing. Never...

Sorry to disagree, just ran the gimbal calibration.

Later will run the IMU calibration and when I get outdoor, the compass.

Calibration, properly done, shouldn't be feared.

I typically do a gimbal calibration when first booting it up outside. I've got some pretty wonky lands around me with natural dips in elevation, so I'm sure that plays a bit into my concern with the horizon level. However, and maybe this is just the tech in me, I just have to know why I am not able to utilize the shortcut feature that others are.

I may have seen it under the remote controller section where you program the c2 button. I think its an option there. Not sure tho.

I typically do a gimbal calibration when first booting it up outside. I've got some pretty wonky lands around me with natural dips in elevation, so I'm sure that plays a bit into my concern with the horizon level. However, and maybe this is just the tech in me, I just have to know why I am not able to utilize the shortcut feature that others are.
I am curious why you would wont to adjust it. You move the gimble where you wont it when flying??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada