DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC issue? Yaw spin when descending

Glongari

Reactions
Good evening

I’m the happy owner of a Mavic air with 75 flights in the past few months.

I haven’t flied it in the past month, but used it pretty often in the past few days.

Starting yesterday, I’m experiencing a tedious uncontrollable right yaw spin when I push down the left stick to descend. Instead of a pure descent, I often get a combined descent and right yaw spin. to my understanding no changes were made to the settings or to the drone/rc.

I read some online forum and tried calibrating the controller. Also from the calibration screen, I sometimes see unwanted right yaw input when pushing down the left stick.

I suspect it could be an rc stick/sensor issues on the left hand side. Any idea?

The product is obviously under warranty and under DJI care altogether.

Thank you
Giovanni

Also from the calibration screen, I sometimes see unwanted right yaw input when pushing down the left stick.

That to me would indicate it is definitely from the remote, not sure what a IMU calibration would do to fix that. Was it after you performed the RC calibration you still noticed the unwanted feedback? What cable are you using to connect, is it a magnetic one? I have heard of similar issues.

Other than that I would be raising a support ticket with DJI. Could be a faulty sensor as you suggest.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair