DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC not connected to mobile device message after dji fly app vs 1.1.6 update

Got my remote controller back from DJI Repair, very promptly too. Now the weather needs to be repaired (thunderstorms and heavy rains) looking forward to getting back in the air......

Reactions: spud1969
Got to fly a little this mornin, I had a couple times the my iPad flashed RC not connected to mobile device. The first time I was able to bring the mini back and land. I disconnected the iPad and reconnected got the telemetry back took off again and got the same message again, but it was only momentarily...checked the firmware when I got home and decided to refresh it. Now just waiting for the wind to cooperate..Have a great day Happy flying!

I’ve been having a similar problem with a couple slight differences. Sometimes the controller will connect to my iPhone for a full flight or for just a minute or not at all. Tried my wife’s iPhone with the same result. Started using my iPad and it has been working but given the inconsistencies I can’t really trust my iPad. I’m still using the original cord so it’s difficult to connect to my iPad. Connection between Mavic Mini and controller remain reliable and when I lose connection between iPhone and controller, I can still fly home or use Return to Home button on controller. I haven’t tried to connect the controller to my computer yet.

I’ve been having a similar problem with a couple slight differences. Sometimes the controller will connect to my iPhone for a full flight or for just a minute or not at all. Tried my wife’s iPhone with the same result. Started using my iPad and it has been working but given the inconsistencies I can’t really trust my iPad. I’m still using the original cord so it’s difficult to connect to my iPad. Connection between Mavic Mini and controller remain reliable and when I lose connection between iPhone and controller, I can still fly home or use Return to Home button on controller. I haven’t tried to connect the controller to my computer yet.
If your pc will not recognize the usb device when you have the controller connected then it is probably the same thing I had. Ended up sending the controller to DJI repair In Texas. They determined the main board was bad. Replaced it and sent it back within a week

Have you tried using a third-party cable to connect to your phone? If you get one longer than the supplied cable it would also make it easier to use with your iPad.

Reactions: ff22
Have you tried using a third-party cable to connect to your phone? If you get one longer than the supplied cable it would also make it easier to use with your iPad.
I just received today in the mail a cable that is USB micro-B to type-A receptacle (aka female) and have tested it with my normal iPhone lightening cable and it appears to be working fine with both my iPad and iPhone. The wind is too strong to fly today so I can’t do any long tests. Until later this week.

If your pc will not recognize the usb device when you have the controller connected then it is probably the same thing I had. Ended up sending the controller to DJI repair In Texas. They determined the main board was bad. Replaced it and sent it back within a week
Thanks for your response. Now that I’m back home, I was able to connect up to my PC and DJI Assistant. It connected fine and I refreshed the firmware. iPhone is now connecting fine to the controller. Once the wind calms down I’ll fly and give it a longer test.

Reactions: Hawkeye330
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottyg2s