DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC not connected to mobile device message after dji fly app vs 1.1.6 update

Hawkeye330

Reactions
Anyone else having a problem with the mavic mini controller not wanting to connect to either an iPhone or iPad after the 1.1.6 fly app update? It was flying great till the app update v1.1.6 after that the remote doesn’t connect to mobile device. I had been using my iPhone till I got an iPad holder/adapter with no problems. It maybe a coincidence to the app update but I cannot get the remote to connect to DJI Assistant 2 like it did when I first got it. The laptop shows a message when I plug the usb in that it doesn’t recognize the device, just like when a jump drive does when it goes bad. I have tried the cable that came with it and the cable I got from Drone valley for the iPad, also went to my desktop pc and tried to connect to dji assistant 2 on it with the same results. The app did have a flag message in my profile screen to contact DJI support. I have sent support all the info including a screenshot of the error message. So now I guess I am waiting, I can fly the mini without a mobile device, but then I am a newbie to drones and I think it would be like walking a high wire at a circus being blindfolded! Any help will be appreciated...

Maybe try deleting the app and reinstalling it.

Did that on both my iPhone and iPad. deleted, rebooted device, reinstalled no difference....
Well never had that to happen so ya got me. Sorry

I would have definitely tried a new cord before sending it in.. also did you try flying with just the controller? A new cord could have possibly fixed it and no waiting on back and forth shipping

I tried the original cable for an iPhone to both the iPhone and iPad no connection, I tried the cable I got from Drone Valley for the iPad to both the iPhone and iPad no connection. I also tried using my desktop pc instead of my laptop to connect to DJI Assistant 2 with the same results there, USB device not recognize.....Thanks for the suggestion

I tried the original cable for an iPhone to both the iPhone and iPad no connection, I tried the cable I got from Drone Valley for the iPad to both the iPhone and iPad no connection. I also tried using my desktop pc instead of my laptop to connect to DJI Assistant 2 with the same results there, USB device not recognize.....Thanks for the suggestion

Your micro-A usb port on the side of the MM controller could be damaged, does the controller charge ?
Check that the tab inside of the port has not been bent or broken off by putting in the micro usb plug upside down.

Last edited:
ok so it’s in the controller connection with the phone So it is almost has to be either The port ( could be on either end phone or rc) or the cord itself... when you plug your charger into the rc does it charge normally if so I would say good chance its the cord. I use the iPhone connector and what I dod was take one of those multi type charger (has an adapter that clip on the micro USB changing to a iPhone connector and it would be a lifesaver if I have issue with the original while new cord is ordered.. point is it would be a way to confirm or eliminate the cable

Reactions: Hawkeye330
ok so it’s in the controller connection with the phone So it is almost has to be either The port ( could be on either end phone or rc) or the cord itself... when you plug your charger into the rc does it charge normally if so I would say good chance its the cord. I use the iPhone connector and what I dod was take one of those multi type charger (has an adapter that clip on the micro USB changing to a iPhone connector and it would be a lifesaver if I have issue with the original while new cord is ordered.. point is it would be a way to confirm or eliminate the cable
I tried 2 different cables. The remote would charge okay. It just would not connect to mobile devices (iPhone or iPad) or laptop with either cable also tried connecting to my desktop pc with the same results usb device not recognized

I would have to try another device to eliminate the connection at the phone. I have apple chargers that work for one device and not on another I know that they eat through chargeers lol .. the fact that the controller is charging and Able to do flying Without the phone would seem that its from the cable to the phone would be strange if rc port was problematic and still charging fine .. could be wrong but try a friend’s phone and if it works ull know

I would have to try another device to eliminate the connection at the phone. I have apple chargers that work for one device and not on another I know that they eat through chargeers lol .. the fact that the controller is charging and Able to do flying Without the phone would seem that its from the cable to the phone would be strange if rc port was problematic and still charging fine .. could be wrong but try a friend’s phone and if it works ull know
Dji requested that the controller be sent in to a repair station. They have checked it out and the main board is bad. They are replacing the board under warranty

Just had this same thing happen to me today. Mini is brand new, got it yesterday and did a quick flight or two, no issues. Happened today several times. Wonder if it's the board also. Uugghhhh. Mind you I was in two different locations for the flights between yesterday and today, everything else was the same.

Last edited:

Hawkeye- just curious as to which cable you got from DroneV for using your iPad with the mini set up. I looked there and didn't see one that looked like an obvious match. I could have missed it though. Thx in advance!!

Just had this same thing happen to me today. Mini is brand new, got it yesterday and did a quick flight or two, no issues. Happened today several times. Wonder if it's the board also. Uugghhhh. Mind you I was in two different locations for the flights between yesterday and today, everything else was the same.
My laptop and desktop pc would not recognize the remote when I tried to connect to DJI Assistant 2. Tried with different cables and still the computers would give me a message that the usb device was not recognized

What assistant version are you using?
Just tried connecting a mini controller running 1.00.05 to my computer and the computer can not find the apropriate driver.
HOWEVER when I start" DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic" on that computer the asistant sees the controller etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hawkeye- just curious as to which cable you got from DroneV for using your iPad with the mini set up. I looked there and didn't see one that looked like an obvious match. I could have missed it though. Thx in advance!!

If you're looking for a cable to use with your Mini and iPad, I have this one and it definitely works (inexpensive too): Amazon.com: MYLB-US Lighntning to USB Cable for DJI Mavic Pro/Mavic Pro Air/Spark OTG Cable Charge Phone to Phone: Computers & Accessories

Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078