DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC not connected to mobile device

You can do this kind of thing in Tasker for android.
Have you or someone you know been able to prevent the controller from charging an android device?
I ask bc every where I've seen, only Iphones can turn that off.

Just realised I’m asking about the MM in a MA2 forum, I guess not an option for the MM having gone through all the apps menu pages previously. Thanks for the advice though

Just realised I’m asking about the MM in a MA2 forum, I guess not an option for the MM having gone through all the apps menu pages previously. Thanks for the advice though
Hey, no problem. It’s easy to pick up on the wrong section - done it many times myself!

I had this problem with my MA2. It started after missing a day of flight after a long trip. Turns out I plugged the cable into the charging port on the bottom of the controller instead of the data port beneath the antenna.
Thank you! for this post!! I just got my new MA2 out the box and was driving myself nuts because I was doing this, and oh, I also thought I lost my mind because I couldn't find the lightning cable which, of course, was already attached to the controller! I had even live chatted with DJI Support and checking that it's connected to the correct plug doesn't seem to be part of their checklist; they told me to return the controller. Now, off to fly!

I thought charging was automatically disabled with the Fly app on iOS.

Android itself doesn't provide that option for the app to use. Complain to Google.

I FOUND A SOLUTION

I have looked over internet for a solution and it was very hard to find it. It seems most of the problems were actually the connection between RC and Drone. But my problem and also some fellows here, it was the connection btw RC and Mobile Phone. Read so many stuff about so many cases and I found out two reasons for this problem.

First Reason
Dust or mini pieces of jeans, fabric or anything interrupting the connection btw cable and phone. Either on port of remote control or mobile port. My case, I use Samsung with USB-C. So I grabbed a little brush from my beard machine and rubbed inside the port to clean up. For some people it did work but was not my case.

Second Reason
Some problem of firmware, but how to upgrade if my RC doesn't connect to my phone. That was something! After many tries, I plugged my RC on the adapter to charge and I used the second port on RC, connecting my phone to the USB on RC while charging. When my RC battery reached 66% suddenly my phone got connected. But then I turned it off, battery was already 65%, and turned on again and it didn't connect anymore. So thats how figured out it was something to do with the RC battery. So I plugged, when it reached out 66% it connected again. I did the firmware updates and it fixed the problem. What a hustle! In the end it seems it was a firmware bug! Not your fault but DJI's.

I hope that helps you as did for me!
Best luck!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven