DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC not connecting to phone

jonger

Reactions
Hey all,

My Air 2 was working just great the last time I flew (about a month ago).

I pulled it out and now it won't connect to the phone.

It is paired with the drone fine (I can move the camera with the controller), but no matter what device (iPad/iPhone) and cable combination (I have three different USB-C to lightning cables, including the one that I previously used just fine), it won't connect anymore.

I've tried writing to DJI support, and they have stopped answering me.

The USB-C cable is plugged into the correct (i.e., non-dummy) port on the rear of the controller, I've tried flipping the USB-C connection, different cables, different phones, and nothing works.

Anyone got any advice?

Thanks!

A second hand controller perhaps? Or see if you can borrow one etc, etc, to confirm what is at fault.

Hey all,

My Air 2 was working just great the last time I flew (about a month ago).

I pulled it out and now it won't connect to the phone.

It is paired with the drone fine (I can move the camera with the controller), but no matter what device (iPad/iPhone) and cable combination (I have three different USB-C to lightning cables, including the one that I previously used just fine), it won't connect anymore.

I've tried writing to DJI support, and they have stopped answering me.

The USB-C cable is plugged into the correct (i.e., non-dummy) port on the rear of the controller, I've tried flipping the USB-C connection, different cables, different phones, and nothing works.

Anyone got any advice?

Thanks!
What version of FlyApp are you running or trying to run? Does the FlyApp open as usual on the phones / tablets? What is the charge level on the RC?

If you are on the newest FlyApp - there may be an issue with your phones / tablets running it and no connection. Since you've tried several cable / phone combo's - seems there is an issue with the RC where it plugs into the USB port. Maybe check the port to make sure it is clear and clean - then try cables / hookups again.

What version of FlyApp are you running or trying to run? Does the FlyApp open as usual on the phones / tablets? What is the charge level on the RC?

If you are on the newest FlyApp - there may be an issue with your phones / tablets running it and no connection. Since you've tried several cable / phone combo's - seems there is an issue with the RC where it plugs into the USB port. Maybe check the port to make sure it is clear and clean - then try cables / hookups again.

Thanks I’ll try that. It is the latest version but it seems to be hardware as I’ve tried multiple versions.

Thanks!

Reactions: NG Wildman
Okay, so just to follow up, I tried everything I could think of, and ended up buying a second used controller for far lower than the price of a repair for DJI.

I may open the old one up and see if I can repair it myself, I'm suspecting that the USB-C port is damaged.

Thanks for the suggestions, y'all!

-Jon

Reactions: MA2 317
And make sure you are plugging the RC cable into the actual USB port and not the dummy storage port.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54