DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Pro bright sun mode

stevearends

Reactions
I saw a YouTube clip describing a way to turn on a “super bright” or “bright sun” mode on the RC Pro but I can’t remember where I saw it.

Ideas? Thx!

I saw a YouTube clip describing a way to turn on a “super bright” or “bright sun” mode on the RC Pro but I can’t remember where I saw it.

Ideas? Thx!
Oops, found it, simply adjust the brightness adjustment:

Two key combo:

BACK + GIMBAL DIAL

According to DJI, if you turn on AUTO brightness, you'll get the full 1000 nits of brightness.

According to DJI, if you turn on AUTO brightness, you'll get the full 1000 nits of brightness.
That doesn't make sense, unless you are also in full sun. AUTO brightness should select a brightness appropriate for the environment, up to the maximum of 1000 nits. However, if you want 1000 nits manually, just turn the brightness up all the way to max with the Back Button plus the Left Scroll Wheel on the RC Pro.

Back Button with the Right Scroll Wheel Controls the volume, and the transducer beeping, if you turn the volume all the way to zero, and then select Yes, to mute the beeping, too!

Ideas? Thx!
Billy Kyle mentioned an Outdoor Mode setting when he was testing V01.00.0642, but that setting was not added to 0.700.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Answer from the DJI Forum for RC PRO
I asked about the button for OUTDOOR, but it had been removed in one of the updates.
Hi, Sorry for the late response. Yes, kindly please set the brightness in AUTO mode and the unit will automatically detect if you are flying outside with direct sunlight. Thank you for your valued support and have a great day ahead!

Make sense of it as you wish

Answer from the DJI Forum for RC PRO
I asked about the button for OUTDOOR, but it had been removed in one of the updates.
Hi, Sorry for the late response. Yes, kindly please set the brightness in AUTO mode and the unit will automatically detect if you are flying outside with direct sunlight. Thank you for your valued support and have a great day ahead!

Make sense of it as you wish
That quote is very different than what you wrote, and 100% consistent with what I wrote:

"That doesn't make sense, unless you are also in full sun. AUTO brightness should select a brightness appropriate for the environment, up to the maximum of 1000 nits [in bright sun]. However, if you want 1000 nits manually, just turn the brightness up all the way to max with the Back Button plus the Left Scroll Wheel on the RC Pro."

AUTO brightness does not set it to 1000 nits, unlike manually adjusting the brightness to maximum.

AUTO brightness should select a brightness appropriate for the environment, up to the maximum of 1000 nits. However, if you want 1000 nits manually, just turn the brightness up all the way to max with the Back Button plus the Left Scroll Wheel on the RC Pro.
Lots of android devices do not let you select max brightness manually, they will only reach it in auto mode. Setting manual to max is lower than it will go in auto in the right conditions. Seems to be the case here given the posted answers.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lots of android devices do not let you select max brightness manually, they will only reach it in auto mode. Setting manual to max is lower than it will go in auto in the right conditions. Seems to be the case here given the posted answers.
That's news to me, since I don't have any other Android devices, only Apple otherwise. Thanks for potentially clarifying the confusion among us. Since brightness is perceived, it's hard to tell the difference. Any explanation as to why Android devices would not allow maximum brightness to be set manually? What percentage of maximum brightness is the usual Android maximum manually set at?

What percentage of maximum brightness is the usual Android maximum manually set at?
That would be different for each model.

Any explanation as to why Android devices would not allow maximum brightness to be set manually?
Max advertised brightness tends to be "overdriving" things, and putting out so much heat that it can only run there for a limited time / has to back off if the device gets too hot. People wouldn't be happy to have brightness change when they had specifically set it to manual so it's only "boosting" that way on auto when it feels like it can.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
That would be different for each model.

Max advertised brightness tends to be "overdriving" things, and putting out so much heat that it can only run there for a limited time / has to back off if the device gets too hot. People wouldn't be happy to have brightness change when they had specifically set it to manual so it's only "boosting" that way on auto when it feels like it can.
Thanks for the clarification!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kkanoz86