DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC-Pro Compass Calibration Doesn't Work

GadgetGuy

Reactions
Under the device Settings menu for the RC Pro is an option for Compass Calibration. It Plays a GIF showing exactly how to calibrate the RC-Pro with rotations of the RC-Pro top to bottom and left to right. When you the click on the Start Calibration, it immediately says Done and Successful, with no opportunity to perform the actual Compass Calibration! My RC-Pro device compass is off by some 15° on the map in DJY FLY when pointing the antennas straight at the aircraft, making it impossible to face the drone with any precision. How do you recalibrate the compass in the RC-Pro?

Last edited:
Under the device Settings menu for the RC Pro is an option for Compass Calibration. It Plays a GIF showing exactly how to calibrate the RC-Pro with rotations of the RC-Pro top to bottom and left to right. When you the click on the Start Calibration, it immediately says Done and Successful, with no opportunity to perform the actual Compass Calibration! My RC-Pro device compass is off by some 15° on the map in DJY FLY when pointing the antennas straight at the aircraft, making it impossible to face the drone with any precision. How do you recalibrate the compass in the RC-Pro!
I noticed that too.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Have the same issue! About 15 degrees off to the left. Can’t calibrate the compass no matter what and where I try. Watched numerous YouTube videos concerning this and to no avail. The only thing I can think of is a hardware malfunction of the compass.

This has now been quietly fixed with the last update for the RC-Pro. Try it again, after updating the RC-Pro to the latest available FW.

I have been trying to calibrate the compass on my new RC PRO. I get to the start calibration screen and I see the .gif but it never completes. It worked on my DJI RC but not the PRO. What am I doing wrong?

I have been trying to calibrate the compass on my new RC PRO. I get to the start calibration screen and I see the .gif but it never completes. It worked on my DJI RC but not the PRO. What am I doing wrong?
Nothing. Has almost never worked on mine either. It did on one update for two weeks. Just perform the animated routine anyway on your own. Should work anyway.

So I got the RC PRO compass to calibrate.
I had never calibrated the RC itself (the sticks and scroll wheels) so I did that and it completed successfully. To do that I had to first power on the aircraft to get in the camera view and while in there, I powered off the aircraft to allow remote calibration. After all that the compass calibration on the remote succeeded first attempt and now the Aircraft and remote pointers are properly lined up on the fly screen.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
So I got the RC PRO compass to calibrate.
I had never calibrated the RC itself (the sticks and scroll wheels) so I did that and it completed successfully. To do that I had to first power on the aircraft to get in the camera view and while in there, I powered off the aircraft to allow remote calibration. After all that the compass calibration on the remote succeeded first attempt and now the Aircraft and remote pointers are properly lined up on the fly screen.
That's excellent news. Will have to try it on mine!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb