DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Pro Discount

bkushner

Reactions
As someone who bought the flymore kit on the M3 I wrote DJI and asked about the new Flymore kit with the Pro RC. They are offering $50 coupon. Seems pretty low?

It should have been way more than that! At Least for the DJI credits in store..
They could have issued a discount for the difference in price of what was the combo was with the stock RC.
I have about $300.00 in DJI credit and was hoping to cover the cost of getting it when they offered a possible discount. No where is that fair to only give a $50.00 credit! DJI marketing at it's best I suppose. 🤔

Reactions: waternut13134
Lol not surprised. Dji are notoriously stingy low ballers. Only way to save money with them is to but the unit of sale from a retailer who actually competes on price or buy used providing the unit is in good condition

That does seem low, and the price of the new controller seems high. Apparently they're coming out with a new combo that includes the new controller. You would think they'd let you buy the controller at the difference of the 2 combo packages minus the $50 credit.

I gladly paid $1200.00 for the RC PRO and for the opportunity to be a pro bono beta tester. Unfortunately, my RC Pro and M3 are on their way back to DJI due to disconnects, slow connection, video freezing and lost telemetry.

No no, I am not at all bitter!
Did you return them or are you getting them fixed?

$50 is a joke and one more case of DJIs newfound fascination with nicke & diming us to death. Ok. Mark up your new smart controller some $400-500 over the predecessor, then remove the charger (another 30-50) then, don't even provide a spare set of sticks! Which they DO include with the $125-150 RC-N1 Plastic Fantastic standard controller.

The credit should be EXACTLY the pricebof the RC-N1 on DJI STORE. That's what we ended up "buying" with a Fly More + RC Pro or Standalone Mavic 3 + RC Pro, so that's what the credit should be. How about they TAKE BACK the RC-N1 that will literally never see a moments use for 99% of RC Pro Controller purchasers?

Crazy talk, I know. I am also wondering how many $320 BackpackMessengerBags will sit in people's closets. I would never repeat that Fly More purchase. The bag was creative. But bulky, heavy and poor for intended use, since you can't remove the parts you aren't using, adding over 5 POUNDS of weight and bulk. If I had an opportunity to change history I would have gone ala' carte and bought the batteries, filters and charge hub separately. Sigh The big question is sell it on eBay now, along with a few hundred others or wait a while, as its value depreciates at warp speed. Tough choice 👌

Just for your information.
COMPENSATION.jpg

$50 is a joke and one more case of DJIs newfound fascination with nicke & diming us to death. Ok. Mark up your new smart controller some $400-500 over the predecessor, then remove the charger (another 30-50) then, don't even provide a spare set of sticks! Which they DO include with the $125-150 RC-N1 Plastic Fantastic standard controller.

The credit should be EXACTLY the pricebof the RC-N1 on DJI STORE. That's what we ended up "buying" with a Fly More + RC Pro or Standalone Mavic 3 + RC Pro, so that's what the credit should be. How about they TAKE BACK the RC-N1 that will literally never see a moments use for 99% of RC Pro Controller purchasers?

Crazy talk, I know. I am also wondering how many $320 BackpackMessengerBags will sit in people's closets. I would never repeat that Fly More purchase. The bag was creative. But bulky, heavy and poor for intended use, since you can't remove the parts you aren't using, adding over 5 POUNDS of weight and bulk. If I had an opportunity to change history I would have gone ala' carte and bought the batteries, filters and charge hub separately. Sigh The big question is sell it on eBay now, along with a few hundred others or wait a while, as its value depreciates at warp speed. Tough choice 👌
I did Ala cart. I was up to $4600 with no case and only 1 extra battery, 1 set of filters, and RC Pro. That includes 2 year Care Refresh though.

If it was rock solid I would have been ok with it. But between price gouging, losing video a 1000 ft out on both controllers in a fairly low interference area. I see lots of complaints on that. I was on a lake, off season and have a football field and a half of frontage. So only Wi-Fi near either end would have been my iPhone and my house. And video was breaking up. Plus the GPS issues. It was just to much.

In another location in the suburbs. I flew 200 ft straight up and started to see video stutter.

Looking foreword to receiving Skydio 2+ Pro Kit. It was that or EVO II 6K. I might consider adding Air 2S with RC Pro. That’s a good deal. Mavic 3 with RC Pro should have been $3K (with a case most folks want). But this DJI experience makes me really question the whole company.

I bought 1 battery, filters and Care Refresh from DJI direct. To their credit they are refunding it all even though it was way past 14 days. But still waiting. Didn’t realize they were cheap on the return window too. Everything else was Amazon and I had almost a 3 month return window. Amazon took forever though to do the confirmation it was received.

Lucky I didn’t have a fly off or a bruise. Honestly I didn’t fly it a whole lot in 2 months because I wasn’t confident in it.

I did Ala cart. I was up to $4600 with no case and only 1 extra battery, 1 set of filters, and RC Pro. That includes 2 year Care Refresh though.

If it was rock solid I would have been ok with it. But between price gouging, losing video a 1000 ft out on both controllers in a fairly low interference area. I see lots of complaints on that. I was on a lake, off season and have a football field and a half of frontage. So only Wi-Fi near either end would have been my iPhone and my house. And video was breaking up. Plus the GPS issues. It was just to much.

In another location in the suburbs. I flew 200 ft straight up and started to see video stutter.

Looking foreword to receiving Skydio 2+ Pro Kit. It was that or EVO II 6K. I might consider adding Air 2S with RC Pro. That’s a good deal. Mavic 3 with RC Pro should have been $3K (with a case most folks want). But this DJI experience makes me really question the whole company.

I bought 1 battery, filters and Care Refresh from DJI direct. To their credit they are refunding it all even though it was way past 14 days. But still waiting. Didn’t realize they were cheap on the return window too. Everything else was Amazon and I had almost a 3 month return window. Amazon took forever though to do the confirmation it was received.

Lucky I didn’t have a fly off or a bruise. Honestly I didn’t fly it a whole lot in 2 months

Lucky I didn’t have a fly off or a bruise. Honestly I didn’t fly it a whole lot in 2 months because I wasn’t confident in it.
I can't say I blame you one bit, though if I were in your shoes, I might have tried an exchange of the Rc Pro/Aircraft or both, with the signal/disconnect issues before throwing in the towel..At these prices we have a reasonable expectation of performance, if not a complete set of features. I think DJI has little choice but to take it back when customers cannot even test the full set of features for 3 months, long after any return window is long closed.
I paid what you did plus $240 for Care Refresh. I got a replacement Fly More with virtually all the same issues except a non defective drone muzzle. My signal has been great.. No disconnect issues either.. But I've had back and forth discussions with support over the inability to download more than 14 or 15 minutes of video to the RC Pro without running out of memory. DJI Fly App won't cache video or download direct to SD card, so I constantly have to juggle the files- download, move to sdcard, delete, download more, move to card, delete. The metadata from hyperlapse video and Mastershots has completely filled internal memory multiple times, so I have to manually clean up or factory reset the controller, wiping my entire history of data and starting from scratch. I had none of these issues with the v1 Smart Controller. They started trying to offer me $5 in credit at DJI Store. We are now up to $100. Yet theres nothing I need or don't already have on there except the Wide angle adapter I've been trying to get since early November. They won't even give me partial credit towards it because "it's unavailable" like that's my fault and I should just use the credit for something I already have, or don't need or want.

A few of the Wide angle adapters came in last week. I got no notice even though I registered in three places for notification, and of course they sold out in a day. Now back to "unavailable" from DJI and no way to pre-order, even if I can pre-order it at every DJI reseller.

I am to the point I will ask to return it all if they can't simply figure out how to do this. It shouldn't be that difficult.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming