DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Pro problem

Cgbass439

Reactions
Sent my RC Pro controller to get broken antenna repaired by DJI authorized repair shop. They sent me back another repaired unit. Got it to bind with my Mavic 3. Was only allowed to fly it 3 times. Before it was locked out. It's because my Mavic 3 is still bound to old controller. Called DJI and they said give them 24 to 48 hours for them to unbind old controller. Why have'nt they already done that. I got a Mavic 3 that I can't fly. Not too happy!!!

Sent my RC Pro controller to get broken antenna repaired by DJI authorized repair shop. They sent me back another repaired unit. Got it to bind with my Mavic 3. Was only allowed to fly it 3 times. Before it was locked out. It's because my Mavic 3 is still bound to old controller. Called DJI and they said give them 24 to 48 hours for them to unbind old controller. Why have'nt they already done that. I got a Mavic 3 that I can't fly. Not too happy!!!
It's a security measure to disable stolen/found drones. You should have unbound it before sending it in, or they should have unbound it when they swapped it. Just be glad they still have access to your old RC Pro controller, or they would have to replace your Mavic 3, too! It should actually be 5 times total, but you may have used up two times with an RC-N1 in the interim, leaving only 3!

Reactions: mavictk
It's a security measure to disable stolen/found drones. You should have unbound it before sending it in, or they should have unbound it when they swapped it. Just be glad they still have access to your old RC Pro controller, or they would have to replace your Mavic 3, too! It should actually be 5 times total, but you may have used up two times with an RC-N1 in the interim, leaving only 3!
Interesting. I was told that when when my Mavic 2 and 2 RCs were stolen nothing could be done to disable the drone or lock the remote.

Thats just great.

Interesting. I was told that when when my Mavic 2 and 2 RCs were stolen nothing could be done to disable the drone or lock the remote.

Thats just great.
That was then. This is now, on the newest drones. They can't disable it per se, but they can limit the number of times that you can fly with an unbound controller, should you find someone’s lost drone. However, they won't help you return it to the registered owner, either!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart