DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Pro Repair Cost

Chas3

Reactions
Hello, I've been looking for a RC Pro controller to use with my Mavic 3 Pro and have seen some offered for sale that are complete, but not working.

I was looking at DJI's site trying to figure out what they would charge me to repair a controller when sent in, however, other than seeing that the price of the main board is over $500 and the labor is about $65, I couldn't tell if they would actually do a swap-out for a lower set price or would they be doing an actual repair to that controller for over $600 (in which case it wouldn't be worth it).

Any ideas on how they handle this on a "customer pay, out of warranty" situation?

Thanks!

What they do is send you a different one in perfect condition. I know, I just went through this. They do diagnose yours and charge for the repair. The one returned actually has a little better signal than my original.

May I ask what they said was wrong with yours and the price to fix/replace it?
I had dropped it in some water. My fault. Screen, buzzer and something else. $180 or thereabouts. Took about a week and a half to send and get it back, TN to CA.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Hello, I've been looking for a RC Pro controller to use with my Mavic 3 Pro and have seen some offered for sale that are complete, but not working.

I was looking at DJI's site trying to figure out what they would charge me to repair a controller when sent in, however, other than seeing that the price of the main board is over $500 and the labor is about $65, I couldn't tell if they would actually do a swap-out for a lower set price or would they be doing an actual repair to that controller for over $600 (in which case it wouldn't be worth it).

Any ideas on how they handle this on a "customer pay, out of warranty" situation?

Thanks!
I've sent a couple of nicely damaged mavic 2s in for repair. The price for repair was between 100-200 dollars. I remember one drone had 2 broken legs and a busted gimbal.

Thanks!
Just send it in for a free repair estimate. Tends to be very reasonable. Pay the invoice, or negotiate it, and they'll send you a new one and pay for return shipping. Find one that has a known cause of failure, if you want to be more certain.

Thank you to everyone for your help! Based on your input I have ordered one and will report back on how it goes with DJI's repair service.

Aloha!!

Last edited:
Reactions: GadgetGuy
Thank you. I did see that while searching earlier. It looks like one is sold for the Matrice and one for the Inspire 3?
This picture from the auction, showing that the Mavic 3 Pro could be selected is what threw me. I also see the Asian-style script at the top of the screen, possibly indicating that this controller may be compatible with M3P's overseas?

It looks like a really nice, larger screen, controller.

Attachments

• plus.jpg
    plus.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 4
Thank you. I did see that while searching earlier. It looks like one is sold for the Matrice and one for the Inspire 3?
This picture from the auction, showing that the Mavic 3 Pro could be selected is what threw me. I also see the Asian-style script at the top of the screen, possibly indicating that this controller may be compatible with M3P's overseas?

It looks like a really nice, larger screen, controller.
According to DJI, the RC Plus is only compatible with the Matrice series.
It also runs on an entirely different, incompatible app to the Mavic 3 Pro.

Matrice 350 RTK

Matrice 300 RTK

Matrice 30 Series

Seeing the Mavic 3 Pro as an option on the screen doesn't necessarily mean it is actually selectable, and I doubt that if it is. Most likely, even if you can select it, it would certainly throw up an error message of some sort.

Forgive me, but I don't see an area to post regarding this question: I did just buy the RC Pro controller, but are there versions of the RC PLUS controller that will work with the Mavic 3 Pro? I saw this one on ebay that shows the M3P as an option in the setup menu: DJI RC PLUS CONTROLLER FOR DJI MAVIC 3 / 3 PRO / 3T / 3E / MINI 3 PRO / AIR 2S | eBay
Just for everyones knowledge. There are three DJI high end remotes One is the RCPRO 510, two is the RCPRO 510B, three is the RC PLUS.

Just for everyones knowledge. There are three DJI high end remotes One is the RCPRO 510, two is the RCPRO 510B, three is the RC PLUS.
What is the difference between 510 and 510B?
Interestingly there is numerous adds on ebay of the RC Plus controllers advertised as controllers for Mavic 3 Pro. Am I the only one confused here?

Interestingly there is numerous adds on ebay of the RC Plus controllers advertised as controllers for Mavic 3 Pro. Am I the only one confused here?
Your confusion is understandable, but it is false advertising by the sellers, who clearly don't know what they are talking about, and are compounding their ignorance by supplying misleading screen images, implying compatibility. Caveat emptor! It's eBay/FleaBay!

the 510 and 510 B look and function the same. The 510B only works with the MAV3E and MAV3T and uses a different app to fly the M3E and M3T. The 510B also has an extra WIFI frequency, double the memory and a faster video processor. The 510B costs about 300 dollars more than the 510. The 510 works with the mav3 pro, mav 3, mav3 classic, aiir2s, mav3 cine etc. THE REMOTES CAN'T BE INTERCHANGED.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer