DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Pro Sunshade

Thanks for the report. I've seen those on Amazon but didn't like the fact that the hood/shade doesn't collapse easily for storage. Looking for a easily removable solution for various lighting situations.

I wonder if this Hoodman designed for the Smart Controller would fit?
These do fit the RC Pro, and they also collapse down flat when not in use. The mounting ring stays on the controller. I think I can place the flattened hood under the case foam. There's no angle adjustment, but I don't have issue with simply angling the controller. The only downside for me might be the cut corners. Makes sense to give more room for the sticks, but seems like at the expense of screen view. I use a Hoodman for the P4P's iPad Mini but I ditched it because the slot was covered with black elastic bands. The RC Pro version is better, no bands, if and when I need to actually touch the screen.

My only issue is the magnetic attachment. I've had ipads packed too close to drones, and predictably had to re calibrate the compass at first use.

HOODMAN Sunshade Hood for DJI Smart & RC / Pro Controller

hoodmanRCPRO.jpg

Absolutely an option, but hiking in with them still sucks. Still, much better than standing uncomfortably close to the guy wearing the umbrella hat. Hoods FTW!
Make the other guy hike with the golf umbrella! 🤣
Given your situation, I can appreciate the desire for a hood. My own personal experience with them has been less than desirable. DJI is constantly wanting us to touch the screen, and any hood inevitably gets in the way. I end up not using them. The magnetic issues are also problematic.

These inexpensive Mifashion Fishing Umbrella Hats work great for shade on the go!
They are collapsible and fold up really small, too! Only $14, with free Prime shipping.
Surely, you can overlook the dork factor, if you are all alone in a remote location. 🤣

View attachment 150384
This has a built-in wind-test feature as well. If it's too windy to wear this, it's too windy to fly. 🤣

Reactions: GadgetGuy
These do fit the RC Pro, and they also collapse down flat when not in use. The mounting ring stays on the controller. I think I can place the flattened hood under the case foam. There's no angle adjustment, but I don't have issue with simply angling the controller. The only downside for me might be the cut corners. Makes sense to give more room for the sticks, but seems like at the expense of screen view. I use a Hoodman for the P4P's iPad Mini but I ditched it because the slot was covered with black elastic bands. The RC Pro version is better, no bands, if and when I need to actually touch the screen.

My only issue is the magnetic attachment. I've had ipads packed too close to drones, and predictably had to re calibrate the compass at first use.

HOODMAN Sunshade Hood for DJI Smart & RC / Pro Controller

View attachment 150471
I just purchased this and it should arrive next week. I'll try to post a review when I can.

Reactions: Debaser_AZ

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78