DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC PRO update for the Air 3 - Not this one.

The only thing that can stop compatibility is the lack of 5Ghz, and I haven't seen anything yet that says O4 can't operate only on 2.4GHz. The constraint might limit some O4 performance, but it's not a outright showstopper.

Also, there isn't any reason at all the A3 can't be updated in the future to support O3(+) to provide compatibility with the RC Pro.

Both the RC Pro and the A3 are implemented with Software Defined Radios (SDR). There is very little from a hardware standpoint that is specific to the transmission protocol... It's implemented in software. This is the reason the various RC's can, and have been updated through O2, O3, O3+.

Whether or not an SDR-based RC gets updated is a marketing, product roadmap, and ROI decision. It has nothing, usually, to do with NEW TECHNOLOGY, which isn't magic.

It's simply engineering.

It's my opinion that, given how DJI has positioned the RC Pro in their product ecosystem they will make the investment to support the A3. It may take adding 2.4GHz-only operation to O4 (which I'll bet is already in the spec), with an update to both the RC Pro and the A3, but I'm rather strong on the idea it will.

It likely will require patience, however.
In the transmission settings for my new Air 3, 5.1ghz doesn’t even show up. Only 5.8ghz and 2.4ghz. I’m in the US. 5.1ghz may be for CE regions only.

Reactions: 3rdof5
From the Mouth of my DJI Authorized sales person - Forget it - O4 in O3 out - making your older controller compatible would require them to revamp an entire old controller in order to make it work and every person would have to send it in for upgrade-thats not going to happen. Knowing this I cannot understand why they would not allow me to buy the parts myself and make it work.
Maybe the Air 3 can use O3+ as well as O4?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs