DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC remote display issue

RicB7098

Reactions
I paired an RC remote to my almost 2 year old Air 2S. After 60 seconds or less of flying the display becomes very distorted. If I go into the transmission menu and toggle back and forth between HD and smooth, the display clears up for another 60 seconds or so. That cycle is continuous and happens in every different location, environment, distance, altitude etc. The filmed footage from the drone sd card is fine. I have tried numerous settings, clearing cache, etc. but nothing works. Any suggestions? I have put a link to a you tube video of a screen recording showing the issues.

I've filmed and watched hundreds of hours of drone video and I don't think I've ever seen that before. It almost looks like it is painting overexposure stuff.

My second thought was it looks like a failing video card from heat, but that can't be it

Reactions: maggior
Guessing it's possibly the controller at fault, my RC-N1 had a similar issue a year or so back, sent it to DJI and they replaced it and not had the issue since. Have you the option of trying an alternative controller at all?

Yeah, looks like the screen is either heating up or a chip that provides info to the screen is and it just goes bad. Verify with a different remote would be the easiest way to check.

I've had this occur once on my Air 2. I was using a 6th Generation, WiFi only, iPad, as a display, for reference. I've since upgraded to a TriplTek Tablet, and various Smart Controller options, such as the RC. I've had no issues whatsoever with it.
As I said, it only happened during the one flight, but, at the time, the tablet's storage was almost full. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, but, after I freed up memory, and relaunched, it was fine. Maybe you have to much stored in your controller.
Food for thought.

Only thing I can think of is try updating the A2S to the latest firmware and update DJI fly to the current version.

If you are using the smart controller, update it also if it needs to be updated. If you are using a mobile device with the standard controller, perhaps there is an issue with a cable or the device itself. Maybe try a different phone/tablet and cable.

I felt pretty confident that the problem was with the controller. I tried a new controller and had the same issues. DJI told me to send it into them.

I felt pretty confident that the problem was with the controller. I tried a new controller and had the same issues. DJI told me to send it into them.
If you tried a new controller and it had the same issues. it probably ain't the controller! As suggested earlier, are the drone, controller and Fly all on the latest versions?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00