DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC to Mobile Connection.

charliej

Reactions
Do the USB to phone and micro to micro from RC to phone do exactly the same thing?
My RC micro port seems a little dodgy!

Many of us have discarded the DJI supplied micro usb cables in favour of USB A to whatever jack is supported by your viewing device. You also need to be careful with the micro USB port on the remote control. The tongue in the micro usb port is fragile. There are a couple of choices to reduce the risk of damage. A plug that takes a magnetic Mac style cable, or a usb plug that fits either way up and reduces pressure on the micro USB port as you still need to use it to charge the remote.

Reactions: charliej
Also for the bottom full-size A to work, you can't have the short cable plugged into the side, even if the other end is not connected to anything.

Note that the side port is a micro-A, which is compatible physically with the micro-B that we're more familiar with. However it's easy to have the micro-B plug upside down and cause damage when plugging into a micro-A socket. You would use a B cable when charging, and when updating firmware through a PC.

I am interested that you say the short cable can not be in even if not connected other end. A member had recommended putting one of these magnetic adapters in and leaving it. He says it works fine but isn't that the same a leaving the short cable in? I have yet to try it awaiting the mag adaptor to arrive.

I am interested that you say the short cable can not be in even if not connected other end. A member had recommended putting one of these magnetic adapters in and leaving it. He says it works fine but isn't that the same a leaving the short cable in? I have yet to try it awaiting the mag adaptor to arrive.
No, because the magnetic thingy is just an adapter. I use this method and use the micro purely for charging.

I use the USB connection as the small connection was unreliable

There's something in the short cable, like a jumper or resistor between pins, that tells the RC it is plugged in.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippysmavic