DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC1 controller support OC3+ by firmware update - New DJI Statement.

Also: Even before the Mavic 3 User Manual v1.2 DJI changed the specs for RC-N1 on the Mavic 3 page back in early December from "Occusync 2.0" to the whole explanation of inclusive FW to match the drones "Occusync" version. Regardless it doesn't change either transmit power nor affect the slightly increased latency.
Specs aside I get improved range with the RC Pro, though I won't put a specific distance or number on it. It keeps signal bettering almost every scenario, and when I switch back to RC-N1, it drops off. I don't need specs to confirm my testing, but I like to understand why this is so.

Still waiting for announcement about this "

We understand that customers in some
regions have purchased the DJI RC Pro
separately before this new combo is
introduced. In China region with availability from December 20, we will compensate these customers with DJI credit and coupons later.
For more details ofthe program in other
countries, please pay attention to our official communication channels.

Reactions: bonzo
There are other indications of greed...They claim profits are down because they lost 15% market share in 2020 and another 20 something percent in 2021 (commercial sector) - higher margins is a short sighted solution good mostly for stockholders, perhaps for a few quarters. But almost certain to exacerbate the cycle of sinking market share/price increases. It appears that "value" is no longer a characteristic of DJI Products. I can afford the product, and so far, I like the Mavic 3 a lot. I just get the impression that recent moves are more about profit than product.
Interesting perspective. I was not aware of their decline in market share, but can believe it. I am relatively certain that my next drone, which will probably be purchased later this year will NOT be a DJI drone. If it is, it will be the Air2s. But I see that Autel has really stepped up their game from the reviews I'm seeing. Their Nano has front, rear and downward sensors. I think their Lite+ has a lot of features similar to the Air2s. And I'm told that the fly-ability of them is greatly improved in the latest models. Lastly, I will never have to worry about being geofenced, having to be for big brother's permission to get my drone unbricked.

Another interesting offering is the Skydio 2+. It has some amazing features and unparalleled obstacle avoidance. I wonder how it flies freestyle and the image quality compared to the M3?

Another interesting offering is the Skydio 2+. It has some amazing features and unparalleled obstacle avoidance. I wonder how it flies freestyle and the image quality compared to the M3?
Skydio 2+ is what I went for. Camera is supposed to be “ok”. Maybe like a Mavic 2. But you cannot fly at night. Flying with the controller will be nothing like a Mavic. But everything else it does and the company itself seems great.

I could get an Air 2s Fly more with RC Pro and Skydio 2+ Pro Kit and still be way under Mavic 3 costs. And I didn’t find the Mavic 3 camera jaw dropping. Nor do I expect it’s obstacle avoidance or tracking to ever reach Skydio level. The concept of using a tracking beacon is brilliant. I hope they someday release a better controller they know how to make one on their commercial line.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast