DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Re-furb or new

Why ? Every other Retailer will break there back trying to service you . Best Buy will let your Return it immediately for another one. That alone is worth the extra money to get new.

Not every drone is Perfect out of the box, a tough shipping and your going to be dealing with a horizon issues.

Pay the Full price : Be sure to get a perfect drone and the Retailer is your best chance because you can bounce them back to get a new one , same day.
I don't know... If you can fully cover a refurb with Care Refresh, seems like a good choice if you don't mind the risk of some inconvenience.

I never have this option, because like so many others here I JUST HAVE TO HAVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! when a new, shiny drone comes to market with cool new features that I'll never use, but MUST HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cameras have now exceeded the capability I actually NEED. No one notices that my mini 3 is shooting higher DR than my mini 2 was.

BUT *I* KNOW IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Torque
Just bought a refurbished Mavic 3. Full warranty and added Care Refresh. Saved $750 by buying refurbished and it looks like brand new, no issues encountered.
Direct from DJI Store, or somewhere else?

Gotta love those restocking fee's I love how they base how much more it cost to stick it back on the shelf by how much a product cost
Return some batteries-
" Oh sorry that will cost you 30 cents"
Return a drone- ( Displayed next too the Batteries )
" oh sorry that will cost you 150 bucks"
Order direct

Gotta love those restocking fee's I love how they base how much more it cost to stick it back on the shelf by how much a product cost
Return some batteries-
" Oh sorry that will cost you 30 cents"
Return a drone- ( Displayed next too the Batteries )
" oh sorry that will cost you 150 bucks"
Order direct
To be fair, there is a cost associated with the handling of a returned device. It takes a minute to verify that a returned battery is the right item and in good condition. For a returned drone, you have to check that all of the pieces are there and that the drone is in working order. And they can't sell it as new, it has to be sold as a refurb or open box item. So the restocking fee has to be higher for a product that can no longer be sold at a high price.

And there are people who would buy a drone, use it for an event, and then return it. That's the world of retail.

Direct from DJI Store, or somewhere else?
The DJI store was out of refurbished M3's at the moment, so I purchased from Drone Nerds. DJI refurbished and certified the drone and Drone Nerds is the reseller.
Full warranty just like new, and purchased 2 years of care refresh.
Like you, I am a sucker for shiney brand new - this is the first drone I haven't bought upon release. I woke up that morning with no intention of purchasing another drone, but something triggered me and by noon....lol

Reactions: MavicMover
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMvK