DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Re: Mavic Pro Drifting

warreng6465

Reactions
I flew my Mavic for thr first time yesterday and It drifted a lot and I put it down. Can you say how to fix this problem and what s the maximum wind speed the aircraft can be safely flown?

Thx,

Warren

I flew my Mavic for thr first time yesterday and It drifted a lot and I put it down. Can you say how to fix this problem and what s the maximum wind speed the aircraft can be safely flown?

Thx,

Warren
Did you have GPS lock before you took off? The manual says max wind speed is 22 mph.

Did you have GPS lock before you took off? The manual says max wind speed is 22 mph.

I switched it from Sports mode to GPS. Do you some information I can use to ensure I did it properly? Also can you say whether or not I can fly my Mavic with the same iPad I use to fly my Phantom 4 Pro?

I switched it from Sports mode to GPS. Do you some information I can use to ensure I did it properly? Also can you say whether or not I can fly my Mavic with the same iPad I use to fly my Phantom 4 Pro?
You can use the same device (tablet) for multiple drones.

Thx, any Information you can share on the gps lock feature?
If you let it orient itself for a moment before you take off you will get a GPS lock and hear (and see) a message that says "home point recorded." The steadiness of the hover is also determined by the amount of visible light, the brighter the better.

Just by what you say here, it's pretty clear that you need to dive into the owners manual a bit. It'll keep you out of trouble, and help you to understand what steps you need to go through to take off -- and that's the easy part. There's a lot to know -- some by reading, and some by doing. But start by reading.

Reactions: rickw and Callum
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ang.mcleod