DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Reaching out for help on firmware update issue on Mavic Air 2

GPS0315

Reactions
Hello everyone.

I am reaching out for some help in trying to update the firmware on my Mavic Air 2.

Current Aircraft Firmware shows as 01.00.0250
RC Firmware shows 02.00.1101
App version 1.2.1
Android operating system, tried on Samsung Galaxy S7 and S9.

I have basic tech knowledge, enough to upgrade this drone. I have owned a Phantom 2, Phantom 4 and Fimi and for a brief time an Inspire 1.

The issue I am having is that every time I connect my drone etc and fire it up, I get a warning saying New Firmware available, I believe the current version ends 0460 or something very similar. Anyway, when I try downloading, it goes through the motions and when it comes to Install it fails. I have tried at least 10 times without any success. Each time it fails, I clear the cache as I know this can cause issues. No matter how many times I have tried it simply won't update. It recognised that there was a new firmware for the battery and updated that very easily.

I downloaded the Assistant 2 for Mavic, again without success in upgrading the Mavic 2 drone firmware. When I try upgrading through assistant 2, it eventually says downloaded. Then it says transmitting, gets to 50% and throws up a network error message, even though I am next to my router, which has a constant high quality connection. Incidentally, both my RC and phone are turned on when I am trying this, I have also tried with the RC turned off. When I plugged my RC into the computer and opened the assistant 2, it recognised there was an update for that, and updated through the assistant 2 without any issues.

Having watched far too many youtube video's and tried virtually everything I decided to factory reset everything. I opened the assistant 2 and again, the drone and RC are recognised, but there is no factory reset option. Although I updated the RC firmware, it just says latest and doesn't show any previous versions.

On most occasions, when I connect my drone to the assistant 2, I get a message "firmware incompatibility detected between some modules and current device". It suggest updating firmware, I click update and end up back where I started, doesn't update.

What I have also tried is logging on to my wifi 5ghz, just in case there was some interference issue, everything does the same as when on 2.4.

Am I missing something or is it time to send it back and get a refund? I haven't even flown it yet.

Thank you in advance for any help offered.

Kind regards.

Hello everyone.

I am reaching out for some help in trying to update the firmware on my Mavic Air 2.

App version 1.2.1

I have basic tech knowledge, enough to upgrade this drone. I have owned a Phantom 2, Phantom 4 and Fimi and for a brief time an Inspire 1.

The issue I am having is that every time I connect my drone etc and fire it up, I get a warning saying New Firmware available, I believe the current version ends 0460 or something very similar. Anyway, when I try downloading, it goes through the motions and when it comes to Install it fails. I have tried at least 10 times without any success. Each time it fails, I clear the cache as I know this can cause issues. No matter how many times I have tried it simply won't update. It recognised that there was a new firmware for the battery and updated that very easily.

I downloaded the Assistant 2 for Mavic, again without success in upgrading the Mavic 2 drone firmware. When I try upgrading through assistant 2, it eventually says downloaded. Then it says transmitting, gets to 50% and throws up a network error message, even though I am next to my router, which has a constant high quality connection. Incidentally, both my RC and phone are turned on when I am trying this, I have also tried with the RC turned off. When I plugged my RC into the computer and opened the assistant 2, it recognised there was an update for that, and updated through the assistant 2 without any issues.

Having watched far too many youtube video's and tried virtually everything I decided to factory reset everything. I opened the assistant 2 and again, the drone and RC are recognised, but there is no factory reset option. Although I updated the RC firmware, it just says latest and doesn't show any previous versions.

On most occasions, when I connect my drone to the assistant 2, I get a message "firmware incompatibility detected between some modules and current device". It suggest updating firmware, I click update and end up back where I started, doesn't update.

What I have also tried is logging on to my wifi 5ghz, just in case there was some interference issue, everything does the same as when on 2.4.

Am I missing something or is it time to send it back and get a refund? I haven't even flown it yet.

Kind regards.

The only thing I can think of is when we were updating the Smart Controller for the Air 2 you had to turn off the Wifi acess on the Controller. Than when we linked to the Assistant 2 we got it to work.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and Float on Water.

But there's no wifi on the MA2 stock remote, so that won't help.

You could try with no SD card in the AC. Its a long shot but sometimes it helps.

"Transmitting" after downloading means the Assistant 2 is sending the update to the AC by way of USB. The internet connection is not relevant at that point.
I believe Assistant will only show previous firmware for versions it has previously obtained and installed.

Good evening Phantomrain,

I tried as you suggested, made a lot of sense with possible interference issues, sadly it didn't work.

However, I have just tried again via the app, EUREKA, it worked and is now updated. I still haven't flown it, I was fast coming to the conclusion that the one and only flight for this drone would have been un powered through the window!

Thank you for you help and advice/suggestion. Somewhere along the line of your suggestion, something has happened for it to work, which I am now indebted to you. Can not just be by fluke after countless times of trying over literally many hours, it suddenly updated.

Best wishes.

But there's no wifi on the MA2 stock remote, so that won't help.

You could try with no SD card in the AC. Its a long shot but sometimes it helps.

"Transmitting" after downloading means the Assistant 2 is sending the update to the AC by way of USB. The internet connection is not relevant at that point.
I believe Assistant will only show previous firmware for versions it has previously obtained and installed.
Good evening DanMan 32.

I was in the process of trying what phantomrain suggested. Although what he suggested didn't directly work, he has a valid point because after trying, although it didn't directly work, it did something which made it possible to update through the app first retry.

Thank you for taking the time to send me a suggested fix.

Kind regards..

I just don't get what phantomrain is suggesting in your case, since the stock RC doesn't have WiFi.
Actually even with the SC as RC, you're not using the SC to update AC when using Assistant 2.

I just don't get what phantomrain is suggesting in your case, since the stock RC doesn't have WiFi.
Actually even with the SC as RC, you're not using the SC to update AC when using Assistant 2.

I remember making a tribute video for Zeus , and here is how it went, Once I turned off the Wifi all good things happened.

Ok, now I remember, PhantomRain referenced updating the SC firmware and turning off its wifi.

Updating an AC or RC is different. Nether has wifi to turn off while you update them via USB. Now there has been recommendations to have the PC connected to internet through ethernet rather than wifi.

Reactions: Thomas B
I have had similar issues when trying to update my MA2. There is apparently something about my home WIFI network that DJI does not like. Could not update either through the fly app or Through assistant 2. If I set my phone up as a hotspot, and use that connection, I am able to update using the fly app with no problems. Trying that was at DJI's suggestion.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Hello everyone.

App version 1.2.1

Kind regards.
Hi There
I had the same trouble, would not update using my home wifi when I turned off my phones wifi and used my phones data use it worked straight away. Just a Thought
regards
Alan
Hello everyone.

App version 1.2.1

Kind regards.

Hello everyone.
Just recently, I have had this same problem with my MA2. After many attempts and headaches, without making it happen in any way, always giving myself an error almost at the end, at 94%, I contacted DJI technical service. They gave me some guidelines to follow but without success, I finally generated a repair ticket covered by the warranty, in 10 days I had my drone at home and since then it has been updated perfectly.
My advice, USE YOUR RIGHT TO WARRANTY, do not complicate. ;)

I remember making a tribute video for Zeus , and here is how it went, Once I turned off the Wifi all good things happened.

? Having used PC’s since 1987, MS-DOS 3.1 and Windows 101 as I recall, this clip was classic to watch! So many (awful) memories of programme upgrades, with those slooooooow progress bars, where you just get to the point of tossing everything out of a window before it moves 2mm again! Perhaps it moves so slowly to give a little team of techies back in the homeland time to scan everything else on your computer ....... ? ? ?. They really need to use a better code; way too slow.

Hello everyone.

App version 1.2.1

Kind regards.
Having the same problem with iOS read my post it’s doing my nut in but mine is up to date but app says ?????? Done my head in that much thought of selling it but I love it but I’m slowly falling out with it - if you hear anything pls let me know hope you get it sorted I’ve done everything dji have asked ???

Having the same problem with iOS read my post it’s doing my nut in but mine is up to date but app says ?????? Done my head in that much thought of selling it but I love it but I’m slowly falling out with it - if you hear anything pls let me know hope you get it sorted I’ve done everything dji have asked ???
What in the world are you talking about?

Reactions: MA2 317

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore