DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Reaction times...

Aikidoamigo

Reactions
Here’s a couple of techie questions (if they has been asked before then I apologise)....

Mavic2 pro - at what distance do the avoidance sensors activate and are those distances the same on each side of the drone? Also at what speed can the drone react to an upcoming object? my meaning if the avoidance works at slow speed will it work as well maybe at 20mph?

I wonder if there is any data from DJI on this or any real world experiences out there.

Thanks in advance

Here’s a couple of techie questions (if they has been asked before then I apologise)....

Mavic2 pro - at what distance do the avoidance sensors activate and are those distances the same on each side of the drone? Also at what speed can the drone react to an upcoming object? my meaning if the avoidance works at slow speed will it work as well maybe at 20mph?

I wonder if there is any data from DJI on this or any real world experiences out there.

Thanks in advance

In P-Mode the sensors will actively stop the drone if an obstacle is detected within 1 meter.
(g_config_avoid_obstacle_limit_cfg_safe_dis=1)

In tripod mode the sensors will stop the drone if an obstacle is within .5 meters
(g_config_mode_tripod_en_cfg_avoid_safe_dis=0.5)

Reactions: devisger
Be aware that the sensors have other limitations like lighting, shape and material of the obstacle, and angle of attack. They are pretty good but not perfect.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato