DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ready for first flight, grounded by weather

BrianA

Reactions
Well, I've received my Mini 2 fly more pack, bought a new tablet and bracket. I was ready to go fly today, but now it's raining. I was a little hesitant with the Samsung Tab A 8" tablet and compatibility, but, it works perfect and the Micro USB cable that came with the controller fits, so, no need to get anything extra. So far, everything seems to be working as planned. Just need to flight test and get used to the controls. Oh, and I would HIGHLY recommend the tablet bracket that Drone Valley sells. Machined aluminum, small and compact and easy on/off.

Reactions: NDWildBill
Well, I've received my Mini 2 fly more pack, bought a new tablet and bracket. I was ready to go fly today, but now it's raining. I was a little hesitant with the Samsung Tab A 8" tablet and compatibility, but, it works perfect and the Micro USB cable that came with the controller fits, so, no need to get anything extra. So far, everything seems to be working as planned. Just need to flight test and get used to the controls. Oh, and I would HIGHLY recommend the tablet bracket that Drone Valley sells. Machined aluminum, small and compact and easy on/off.

Congraulations on your new drone kit. It always sucks when you can't fly when you want. At least the Mini 2 can fly in conditions that the Mini 1 could not.

I am assuming by the low number of your posts that this might be your first drone. I have one piece of advice I'd like to share: Buy a backup cable and a spare SD card to leave in your case. If you're human like the rest of us at some point you WILL leave your primary SD card in your computer as you go off to fly one day. That's pretty much not if, but when. And you know that stuff happens to cables from breakage to corrosion to whatever may cause them to malfunction. Backups for these two items are cheap. So, if you haven't purchased spares for these items already I highly recommend you do so soon.

Again, congratulation and good luck.

Reactions: EyesWideShut
glad it all worked out for you, enjoy your first flight

Congrats on your Mini 2. I am sure you will enjoy it, now the game of waiting for the right weather. :) :)

Do you have a link to the bracket?

Congraulations on your new drone kit. It always sucks when you can't fly when you want. At least the Mini 2 can fly in conditions that the Mini 1 could not.

I am assuming by the low number of your posts that this might be your first drone. I have one piece of advice I'd like to share: Buy a backup cable and a spare SD card to leave in your case. If you're human like the rest of us at some point you WILL leave your primary SD card in your computer as you go off to fly one day. That's pretty much not if, but when. And you know that stuff happens to cables from breakage to corrosion to whatever may cause them to malfunction. Backups for these two items are cheap. So, if you haven't purchased spares for these items already I highly recommend you do so soon.

Again, congratulation and good luck.
No, this is not my first drone. I have Yuneec H+ I've had for a couple of years. I have recently been in search of a small, compact drone I can travel with internationally. The Mini 2 caught my eye and decided to pull the trigger on one. Seems WAY simpler to operate than my "big" drone and I can take this one places a lot easier than my other one. And, thanks for the advice. I have a 128 SD card that came with the drone but I will get a spare one along with the cable. I'm really looking forward to getting what I think will be some great video and stills with this little thing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bant18