DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Real Estate with a mavic. Now what?

masaphotog

Reactions
I currently use my Mavic Pro for fun and I shoot real estate. Usually large homes $600,000 and up. I am trying to decide if i should buy a DJI FPV headset to aide me in my photography. Or buy a new spark so when I fly for fun. I don't risk my money maker. My Mavic pro is insured but if it was to bite the dust it would be a long process to get back up and running. Thoughts?

Reactions: Opabob
I also use my Mavic professionally.

I am thinking of getting another Mavic because if one goes down I can continue without pause and still get an acceptable level of result with the other one.

Then, I can also fly one of the Mavic's for fun, because we all know it's no slouch for that either.

I have a couple real estate gigs scheduled for next week.

I am completely new to this market. A real estate friend of mind asked me to shoot some photos from the air, now her friend booked me too.

I have no idea what is an appropriate amount to charge.

They only requested photos (no video) and offered me $100

I plan to shoot exterior and interior videos for free if time allows just so I can build a bit of a resume (I have propeller cages)

I am Legitimately curious what the metro Detroit market going rate is for uas services.

What do you charge?

I have a couple real estate gigs scheduled for next week.

I am completely new to this market. A real estate friend of mind asked me to shoot some photos from the air, now her friend booked me too.

I have no idea what is an appropriate amount to charge.

They only requested photos (no video) and offered me $100

I plan to shoot exterior and interior videos for free if time allows just so I can build a bit of a resume (I have propeller cages)

I am Legitimately curious what the metro Detroit market going rate is for uas services.

What do you charge?

If you are just showing up and taking stills and handing the memory card to an agent then yes $100 is a good rate. If you are there an hour or less. If you take the raws home and touch up and have to upload to an online service. You might want to boost that # a bit. (please make sure the details are ironed out and agreed upon before you leave to go to the shoot). If you are shooting video and editing and uploading a professional video. You need to charge by the hour. I do 125 per hour. That is shooting and editing. Also remember you are buying flight insurance and driving where you need to go. Keep that in mind. Don't let your agent screw you out of money. I love my agent but you have to remember they are sales people who try to get things for as cheap as possible. So they make money too.

Reactions: TCatlson
I also use my Mavic professionally.

I am thinking of getting another Mavic because if one goes down I can continue without pause and still get an acceptable level of result with the other one.

Then, I can also fly one of the Mavic's for fun, because we all know it's no slouch for that either.

That's a great Idea I had not thought of.

That was a fantastic video.

I really liked the big reveal in the opening scene and it just got better from there.

Do you fly with prop guards?

That was a fantastic video.

I really liked the big reveal in the opening scene and it just got better from there.

Do you fly with prop guards?

No prop guards. The secret of tight spaces is tripod mode or to fold the arms back and carry it. You don't always have to fly your drone. The entire video was shot with the mavic pro.

I think a second Mavic is the solution, especially compared against the Spark option. First, you'll have a backup machine with same capabilities and second, the flight characteristics will be the same; no transition needed.

That video is beautiful, by the way. I assume that one sold quick? Definitely have to budget for gardening services, though.

This entire video was shot with a Mavic and the interior walk through was all hand held using a DIY frame carrier.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaveDrone
No prop guards. The secret of tight spaces is tripod mode or to fold the arms back and carry it. You don't always have to fly your drone. The entire video was shot with the mavic pro.

Fantastic video! I especially like the flyover shot at 39s revealing that spectacular view. Would you mind sharing how many minutes of raw footage did you shoot in order to produce this edit?

By the way that tip about carrying the mavic is great. Even without a holder it just works incredibly well.

For the videos shown, I'm curious as to the music sourcing and the licensing arrangements?

For the videos shown, I'm curious as to the music sourcing and the licensing arrangements?

I just searched around and got some free from websites that offer duty free music. Others I paid for from one of many subscription services.

Reactions: GMG
I have an account with a royalty free music source.

Reactions: GMG
When you all are shooting real estate, do you use the Cinematic, or Tripod mode?

Reactions: masaphotog
I do real estate photography and charge $100 for houses less than 2000 sq ft, $125 for 2000-3000 sq ft, $150 for 3000 sq ft and up, not including aerial photos, just walking around with my camera. I add $50 to those prices for aerial photos. Those prices work out to about $50 per hour of my time. That includes shooting, editing, and uploading. I might charge a little more if the job is a ways away, but so far all my jobs have been local.

I have not really gotten into doing video, but I would like to and need to figure out the amount of time that will take per job.

I ask for half up front and then the rest when the property sells, if it is currently on the market.

I charge 100 for just showing up and 80 per battery. I let them keep all video footage and good pics that I capture

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard