DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

droneslife

Reactions
Just saw that GDU announced a new drone, the GDU O2. Seems like this can be a real Mavic Contender. Did any of you see any more news of it?

I saw this article, GDU Takes on DJI. http://www.droneflit.com/news/gdu-o2-takes-on-dji/

it's about everything that can be found on internet at the moment...

Attachments

• GDUO2.jpg
    GDUO2.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
An announcement is a long way from a product, but that being said we need for DJI to have all the strong competition it can get. I just noticed a bit about the Lily drone being revamped by a new owner and due for release now, so that's a step in the right direction.

Maybe that clunky old Karma will eventually evolve into something interesting too. Competition is Good.

Reactions: Steven Georges
Competition is good. Their teaser shots look like the Mavic so I imagine they'll try to undercut DJI's pricing to sell their version.

I think the competition will come from a company that offers a reliable product, less restrictive automation of features, flight time and ease of use.

Reactions: droneslife
All I see they have on it is this
At .20 in this you see what you can of it .

Reactions: droneslife
Well, I like what I see. The video looks pretty cool. My bet is that they will bring some good quality stuff to the table, maybe in par with Mavic.. I wouldn't put the new "lily" in the same range, as they have a fixed camera with no gimbal stabilization so the videos won't be good. Same as GoPro, I don't think they will make a small pocket drone that can carry their cameras..

Can't wait to see a review of the GDU O2 and how the product actually looks like

If you listen close to the tutorials they hint to having NFZ programmed. They may get there in time though to be a contender.
There are a lot of specs on their site. Look at their industrial drones. They seem to be headed in the right direction. They even talk about having great costumer service. They just opened 2 new service centers. But I think I read its built in the same town as DJI.

I love it when these companies have competition. I bought my GoPro Hero 4 Black Edition at a super inflated price. Ever since Chinese cameras started to perform better GoPro camera prices have gone way down. I can't believe the GoPro Session is priced at 149$, some places even cheaper. I'm hoping the same will happen with drones and DJI to that matter.

$732 until September 30th on their version of the "Fly More Combo". They say they're only going to sell 500 at that price, though. But wow...seven hundred and change? If it's a true Mavic competitor, that's great news. And if it's a true Mavic competitor with great customer service, that's fantastic news.

It's time a competitor released a product that actually measures up to the Mavic. Maybe it'll be enough to get DJI off their backsides as far as customer service, innovation and pricing are concerned.

I would use the comparison of actresses Rebel Wilson (GDU 02) and Gal Gadot (Mavic) when it comes to looks.
But perhaps GDU will be surprising and produce something which competes with the Mavic when it comes to durability and performance. That would probably be Miss Rebel's comeback line too... :D

the drone with the controller together does get a bit fat...but they are the only ones doing that though, and you have the option to not put them together as you would with any other drone. the aircraft itself is pretty slim.
This is the only video where I saw a "real flight" until now...the camera looks steady.

DJI Spark has 16 minutes of flight time. This drone has 20 min and a price between spark and mavic, for specs closer to the mavic. I honestly think this is the kind of competition the industry needed...

Looks nice. It's heavier in weight, has a larger battery, 23 minute flight time makes me wonder what the real world flight time will be (all drone manufacturers overhype time in the air). I hope their camera is better than the Mavic's. I'm not impressed with the stated range of 1 mile from controller unless I read/misinterpreted their specs.

DJI's Platinum is just an interest booster. I'm sure Mavic 2 is on the horizon. DJI needs to make their drones less restrictive and cut the babysitter antics. There might be some competition in the future. ''Tis the season for new contenders to take on a heavyweight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada