DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Really appreciate Tripltek - observation

TonyPHX

Chuck Norris's drones don't crash.
Premium Pilot
Reactions
All, just wanted to share a positive support experience on my tablet of choice. I use the Tripltek 8 with all of my drones because of the crazy bright screen, and battery. Recently found my USB port is not charging or able to be used for data connectivity thus it stopped working with my RC controllers.

I contacted Tripltek and without hesitation they said to send back RMA and they will fix or repair under warranty. THAT was pleasant and excellent customer service!!! I just shipped it away and will let you know how it all turns out, but that was as simple and straight forward as I would hope for.

Class act on the customer service side!!!

Thumbs up for my TTP7, upgraded to TTP8. Chunkiness makes finding a cost-effective yet sturdy bracket a slight faff, but comes with the territory - love it ! They're also red-hot on issuing updates via WU as/when required :)

Reactions: TonyPHX
I also decided to go ahead and order a backup Tripltek 8. Probably overkill, but I ordered the replacement on a Sunday from their website, and literally had a new one in my hands on Monday afternoon with fullfillment from a local Amazon warehouse. Stunned and amazed at the speed of delivery.

I noticed that this time, the screen protector was included in the box so that is a nice new touch that I didn't get before. I applied it, and am actually liking it unlike first time I tried.

Gotta say, this remains the perfect tablet for what we do. Love this! I'll keep you updated on repair of my first one, but I don't expect an issue. Tripltek has been great.

Reactions: Gagey52
I also decided to go ahead and order a backup Tripltek 8. Probably overkill, but I ordered the replacement on a Sunday from their website, and literally had a new one in my hands on Monday afternoon with fullfillment from a local Amazon warehouse. Stunned and amazed at the speed of delivery.

I noticed that this time, the screen protector was included in the box so that is a nice new touch that I didn't get before. I applied it, and am actually liking it unlike first time I tried.

Gotta say, this remains the perfect tablet for what we do. Love this! I'll keep you updated on repair of my first one, but I don't expect an issue. Tripltek has been great.
Likewise, included screen protector great. However, one bizarre thing was that it arrived (wait for it) attached to the >back< of the unit, with tab (?!) And this is with the film still on the box/brand new/sealed. Most strange - carefully removed / re-attached on front and (apart from very minor lift in bottom corner) works as intended...on the 'screen' (!) Who knows.....

I love my Pro also, it’s so bright I don’t need my reading glasses to see the screen in bright sunlight! I tried applying the screen protector but it was creased in the box and I couldn’t get it to lay flat. I contacted Tripltek and they quickly sent me a free replacement. Excellent customer service!

I bought the 8 for a second screen with the RC pro. But for some reason AT&T can’t get it to connect. I’m intent was to use the tablet as a camera view and use the data service from the tablet to feed the rc pro for updates in the field. Any ideas on getting it connect to my data service?

Reactions: TonyPHX
I bought the 8 for a second screen with the RC pro. But for some reason AT&T can’t get it to connect. I’m intent was to use the tablet as a camera view and use the data service from the tablet to feed the rc pro for updates in the field. Any ideas on getting it connect to my data service?
Strangely enough, I had the same issue with AT&T, and I think the problem is that they provisioned it as just a tablet instead of for a phone. (The Tripltek is a phone...and yes I know voice is data etc...). Anyways, AT&T finally got mine to work when they provisioned it for a spare iPhone that I had laying around, then I took that SIM and put it into the Tripltek. (The fact it wasn't a device known to AT&T is what really confused the knuckleheads at the store.). Now, AT&T also bungled my billing so bad that I finally just said I had enough of them after years of being a customer.

When I migrated my business to T-Mobile, they had ZERO issue with the Tripltek and got it working immediately.

FYI, just heard back from Tripltek and they identified I had a bad connector on the USB side. They are replacing my device and seem to be doing it promptly. I'm just gonna put it out there - their service is very good.

Reactions: KLRSKIR and Gagey52
Hi Guys,
Kind of unusual request for those what purchased a TRIPLTEK tablet.
Even a broken one does not matter ver 7 and ver 8.
No idea if is allowed here to put my personal email, but I am very easy to find.
I want to purchase a tablet over 1000 nits as my Crystalsky does not work anymore with the M3.
Can somebody email me the IMEI from their tablet ?
Yeah I know if you have security concerns just skip my post.
I just want to run it through a database to see who is the real manufacturer, I see a query is costing just 4-5 USD so is not a big deal.
Just want to clear some debate with a manufacturer what claims that they were the real manufacturer and they just branded them for TRIPLTEK. I contacted TRIPLTEK and they say the current product is not made by them, but the lady said she was not there when ver 7 was made so she does not know. Again this guys emailed and say that , they broke relationship with TRIPLTEK because of them advertising fake specs affecting their global sales,
Yeah long story but , I am just curious is this true or not ?
Ciao, thank you guys.
Lucian

The folks at Tripltek are certainly big on customer satisfaction. They have helped me get mine connected to AT&T when AT&T said it said it couldn’t be done. Now I’m having an issue connecting the tablet to my RC pro, they are asking me to return it and they will get it working and return It. I have no complaints with them.

Reactions: poco_bw
Hi Guys,
Kind of unusual request for those what purchased a TRIPLTEK tablet.
Even a broken one does not matter ver 7 and ver 8.
No idea if is allowed here to put my personal email, but I am very easy to find.
I want to purchase a tablet over 1000 nits as my Crystalsky does not work anymore with the M3.
Can somebody email me the IMEI from their tablet ?
Yeah I know if you have security concerns just skip my post.
I just want to run it through a database to see who is the real manufacturer, I see a query is costing just 4-5 USD so is not a big deal.
Just want to clear some debate with a manufacturer what claims that they were the real manufacturer and they just branded them for TRIPLTEK. I contacted TRIPLTEK and they say the current product is not made by them, but the lady said she was not there when ver 7 was made so she does not know. Again this guys emailed and say that , they broke relationship with TRIPLTEK because of them advertising fake specs affecting their global sales,
Yeah long story but , I am just curious is this true or not ?
Ciao, thank you guys.
Lucian
Lucian, in every sense of the word that matters, Tripletek is the manufacturer. Whether they assemble or not is irrelevant to me at least. They place the order, create and support the ROM's etc, and provide branding and sales and support. I wouldn't dig into the soap opera of who does what exactly. It's a sub $1K purchase. Either you need the bright tablet or you don't. I have found they have a good product and support it.

Lucian, in every sense of the word that matters, Tripletek is the manufacturer. Whether they assemble or not is irrelevant to me at least. They place the order, create and support the ROM's etc, and provide branding and sales and support. I wouldn't dig into the soap opera of who does what exactly. It's a sub $1K purchase. Either you need the bright tablet or you don't. I have found they have a good product and support it.
Well lets agree to disagree. Tripleteck are just the branded tablet and offer the support. Since is kind of useless for my location because the transport will cost me an arm and a leg I am looking for alternatives. I know I paid 1K for my CrystalSky right, it serve me well for years not a single breakdown, now does not work anymore with the M3.
Whatever the support, warranty is still a mid range tablet period....the bones inside are exactly the same.
Well at the manufacturer is under 300 USD average, on the distribution is about 400 USD, same spec or better, so yep I am thinking at my options.
maybe I shall just wait for the ones with the dimensity chipset, I saw few out, waiting for the testers to say what is what :)

Well lets agree to disagree. Tripleteck are just the branded tablet and offer the support. Since is kind of useless for my location because the transport will cost me an arm and a leg I am looking for alternatives. I know I paid 1K for my CrystalSky right, it serve me well for years not a single breakdown, now does not work anymore with the M3.
Whatever the support, warranty is still a mid range tablet period....the bones inside are exactly the same.
Well at the manufacturer is under 300 USD average, on the distribution is about 400 USD, same spec or better, so yep I am thinking at my options.
maybe I shall just wait for the ones with the dimensity chipset, I saw few out, waiting for the testers to say what is what :)
I hear what you are saying. I do not entirely disagree. I just think at some point, enough is good enough. The Tripltek has been nothing less than perfect for the use case of a multi-function tablet for droning. Good luck though with your search and let us all know what you find!

Reactions: dmiles119
I hear what you are saying. I do not entirely disagree. I just think at some point, enough is good enough. The Tripltek has been nothing less than perfect for the use case of a multi-function tablet for droning. Good luck though with your search and let us all know what you find!
Very true the current M60 Mediatek chips with 8GB ram ans 128 storage, with the same shell like Trilpetk will do the job decently i guess. Are tons in the range of 400 USD retail, dut since I been burned before I try to know the people selling before buying. Dimensity chipsets will be a more "present" chipset for the task this days. The M1 will run really well, but have big problems with overheating in hot sun.

The United States military and the CIA support TriplTek, so....

There are quite a few knock-offs out there, none of which employ the same quality and durability as TriplTek.

The United States military and the CIA support TriplTek, so....

There are quite a few knock-offs out there, none of which employ the same quality and durability as TriplTek.
Nothing against Tripletck whatsoever, good for them if they get military clients etc. I am not speaking about knock-offs, I am speaking about the same product, from the same factory, where Tripleteck buy theirs, and put the brand before the last generation. Are several "brands" what buy from the same factory. Obviously are also knock-offs out there.
Good for the people in US that they have local support, etc...well I am not in US and paying like 200 USD to transport it back to US is another story. Trust me on this one all of them from that factory have same durability, quality....etc.....just the after-branding differ. Is just a personal choise, at the moment regarding ROI for me something above 1000 USD with transport does not make sense for a mid range tablet, this is all.

Nothing against Tripletck whatsoever, good for them if they get military clients etc. I am not speaking about knock-offs, I am speaking about the same product, from the same factory, where Tripleteck buy theirs, and put the brand before the last generation. Are several "brands" what buy from the same factory. Obviously are also knock-offs out there.
Good for the people in US that they have local support, etc...well I am not in US and paying like 200 USD to transport it back to US is another story. Trust me on this one all of them from that factory have same durability, quality....etc.....just the after-branding differ. Is just a personal choise, at the moment regarding ROI for me something above 1000 USD with transport does not make sense for a mid range tablet, this is all.
I respect this reply. Do you have a link (substantiation) to "the brand before the last generation?" I'd love to read about it. Raytheon and Singer are right down the road from where I'm sitting and, well, I've got a few friends that were interested in your reply.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gplunk99