DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

reason for delayed announcement of Mavic 2? Anyone know the real reason?

JeffCharger

Reactions
does anyone know why the reason that the announcement of the Mavic 2 was postponed from the July date? Has DJI given a reason? It might shed some light on technical considerations when people are deciding on which model to buy... anyone know?

To have enough stock so there's no delay in shipping. I've sent you a DM as well don't think I can link to other sites.

does anyone know why the reason that the announcement of the Mavic 2 was postponed from the July date? Has DJI given a reason? It might shed some light on technical considerations when people are deciding on which model to buy... anyone know?
Now appear to be clear that when OsitaLV announched that the launch delay was due to a gimbal flaw he was totally right. He then corrected himself upon pressure by DJI. We will see more gimbals detachments!

Time will tell, but something was very wrong at the time. DJI has a reputation of being not prone to honesty and transparency. Not to mention making the top ten list of the worst customer service companies in the world.

Time will tell, but something was very wrong at the time. DJI has a reputation of being not prone to honesty and transparency. Not to mention making the top ten list of the worst customer service companies in the world.
I was curious so I did a google search. Which list are you talking about, cos google returned a few lists and DJI werent in them. Did you make this up?

Reactions: Kilrah and KONY
Wasnt there some dude on here that claimed he used to work for DJI, and now he wasn't, and not under a NDA, he coulde reveal that it was a firmware upgrade??? In line with the proposed stuff from all around the world??

They seemed to have delayed it right around the time the root exploit was released.. co-incidence perhaps...

Simple answer is that this is DJI. Could be heading into the same farce as the MP release 2 years ago, they had nowhere near the number of units ready for general release but wanted to put the Karma in its coffin at the time, which it did all on its own anyway! A lot of folk were left with unfulfilled orders for up to 12 months.

Now appear to be clear that when OsitaLV announched that the launch delay was due to a gimbal flaw he was totally right. He then corrected himself upon pressure by DJI. We will see more gimbals detachments!

Except he changed his mind 3 day later, withdrew that claim and invented something else.
There's absolutely no substance in his claims.
The guy is just storeyteller and people fall for it making him good money.