DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rebuilding a crashed Mavic Pro question

marnat3

Reactions
When I bought my Mavic fly more package used it came with another crashed MP flymore (YAY 2 of everythingThumbswayup).
I am now in the process of figuring out what is needed as far as repairs.
I charged everything up and loaded up the most recent firmware and Go4 app and all of that went well.
What is obvious is the gimbal took the hit in the crash. It only hanging by the "hairy cable", no video feed.
The telemetry is telling me that all the positioning sensors are abnormal (forward and downward)
My question is do the forward and downward sensors feed from the camera feed somehow. If not what should I check first after fixing the gimbal.
Thanks in advance.

When I bought my Mavic fly more package used it came with another crashed MP flymore (YAY 2 of everythingThumbswayup).
I am now in the process of figuring out what is needed as far as repairs.
I charged everything up and loaded up the most recent firmware and Go4 app and all of that went well.
What is obvious is the gimbal took the hit in the crash. It only hanging by the "hairy cable", no video feed.
The telemetry is telling me that all the positioning sensors are abnormal (forward and downward)
My question is do the forward and downward sensors feed from the camera feed somehow. If not what should I check first after fixing the gimbal.
Thanks in advance.
To answer your question.., No

I had a small crash from about 25 ft and have done some damage to the gimbal. At turn on it goes through the movements of the gimbal like any start up but then does about two little slow dips up and down and then stops and hangs there all loose. The camera works and I can take video or stills but I can't get the gimbal to move at all.

Several repair places just want me to agree to replace the who camera/gimbal assembly at about $700 or so. Seems crazy when it might just be the gimbal arm. I was also told it might be a ribbon cable by another. Then tonight I finally got in touch with another guy in Florida who has a repair business. I sent him a video of the start up movement of the gimbal and he said it probably just needs the gimbal arm that holds the camera. His labour and parts will be between $3-400. Is is the best option other than sending it to DJI, so I will send it to him tomorrow. He is the only one who said he could just do gimbal repair. All the others just want to sell me a complete camera system with gimbal and change that out.

I hope it will be at the $300 mark and that he can do the repairs on it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+