DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recent Errors

SteveMouzon

Reactions
While flying my Mavic 3 this weekend, I kept getting several errors... these were the most common.

Vision system and obstacle sensing unavailable: Whenever this came up, I didn't know what to do, so I shut down the drone, the controller, and the app on my iPhone and powered them up again. Sometimes it worked; sometimes I had to do this several times. Any idea what's causing the problem, and how to fix it? I've never had this happen before.

SD card speed low. Change card: This is another one I've never had before. I bought two cards, and swapped them out, but got the same result. Any ideas?

GPS signal weak. Fly with caution: Maybe that's par for the course in the area, which was Seaside, Florida, roughly 30 miles west of Panama City. Usually, it would only let me go to 30 meters, then something would change after a few minutes and I could go to 120.

One final question: where's the best place to find the codes referenced below?

IMG_9595.png

Just curious if anyone had any insights on the "SD card speed low" error?
What SD card are you using? The problem could be nothing more than a card with a write speed lower than the drone's output speed. If that's the case, you're likely to see juddering in your video at higher resolutions and frame rates.

I have the SanDisk Ultra PLUS, which is what I thought was recommended for the Mavic 3.
Hmm. It's not specifically listed on DJI's specs page for the M3.

I had a problem with a Sandisk Ultra (Not Plus) on the Air 2s in some shooting modes. I switched to Sandisk Extreme Pro cards and haven't had any issues at all with them.

I see that you're relatively new to the forum. Is the M3 a first drone?

Reactions: SteveMouzon
Hmm. It's not specifically listed on DJI's specs page for the M3.

I had a problem with a Sandisk Ultra (Not Plus) on the Air 2s in some shooting modes. I switched to Sandisk Extreme Pro cards and haven't had any issues at all with them.

I see that you're relatively new to the forum. Is the M3 a first drone?
It is my first drone... got it in mid-December.

I don't mean to be pedantic, but have you checked into the TRUST certificate, the B4YOUFLY app, and limitations on flying in the area west of Seaside with all the military installations?
I'm not up on all the terms yet, but I got registered with the FAA because I live in the flight path of the Tuscaloosa Regional Airport and have to get a 2-day permission to fly here. As for flying at Eglin, I've never been on the base, but from the perimeter, the land looks fairly open and featureless, so I doubt I'd fly nearby even if I could. As an architect & urbanist, the most interesting places to fly to me are where things are built.

I'm not up on all the terms yet, but I got registered with the FAA because I live in the flight path of the Tuscaloosa Regional Airport and have to get a 2-day permission to fly here. As for flying at Eglin, I've never been on the base, but from the perimeter, the land looks fairly open and featureless, so I doubt I'd fly nearby even if I could. As an architect & urbanist, the most interesting places to fly to me are where things are built.
TRUST is an FAA program required for all recreational drone flyers. It's straightforward and quick to get the certificate. Online training and a can't-fail online test are available from several providers. Pilot Institute is a good one. It shouldn't take more than 30 minutes to get the certificate.

B4YOUFLY is a free FAA app that provides information on flight limitations in a particular area.

Eglin AFB isn't your main concern in the Seaside area. The coastline from Pensacola east to beyond Sunnyside (and about three miles inland and offshore) is in Part 93 special air traffic area - the East/West Corridor of the Valparison, Florida Terminal Area.

I've been curious about flying in that area and I did a little reading this evening. Here's a little of what I found.

According to the reference above, anyone operating in that Part 93 area is required to establish two-way radio communication with Air Traffic Control and get an advisory before entering and maintain radio communication while in the area.

Apparently, there's a process for getting prior approval via a form submitted to Eglin ATC. A blog post by a drone pilot discusses that.

This document is said to be from Eglin AFB and includes the form for requesting approval to fly in the Part 93 area. But the only place I could find it was on the Bob Sikes Airport website, not USAF. It looks official, but it's oddly not dated. The form is to be submitted to [email protected] via email.

And finally, Walton County, Florida also requires a permit for drones operating in the South Walton.

What a mess. Does anyone have any further information?

Good morning to all-
To the OP-
Flying drones anywhere on the Florida Northern Gulf Coast near the military bases- and there are a lot of them- may be practically impossible. Take out the federal parks and preserves where drone flying is prohibited, and there's a whole lot less of flyable space left. I'm not sure about the state parks and state beaches- I have flown some beach places there, but I may have been not strictly in accordance with the law.
That's too bad- it is a beautiful area and could make some prime videos and photos, I think.

good flying to all-

Ed

TRUST is an FAA program required for all recreational drone flyers. It's straightforward and quick to get the certificate. Online training and a can't-fail online test are available from several providers. Pilot Institute is a good one. It shouldn't take more than 30 minutes to get the certificate.

B4YOUFLY is a free FAA app that provides information on flight limitations in a particular area.

Eglin AFB isn't your main concern in the Seaside area. The coastline from Pensacola east to beyond Sunnyside (and about three miles inland and offshore) is in Part 93 special air traffic area - the East/West Corridor of the Valparison, Florida Terminal Area.

I've been curious about flying in that area and I did a little reading this evening. Here's a little of what I found.

According to the reference above, anyone operating in that Part 93 area is required to establish two-way radio communication with Air Traffic Control and get an advisory before entering and maintain radio communication while in the area.

Apparently, there's a process for getting prior approval via a form submitted to Eglin ATC. A blog post by a drone pilot discusses that.

This document is said to be from Eglin AFB and includes the form for requesting approval to fly in the Part 93 area. But the only place I could find it was on the Bob Sikes Airport website, not USAF. It looks official, but it's oddly not dated. The form is to be submitted to [email protected] via email.

And finally, Walton County, Florida also requires a permit for drones operating in the South Walton.

What a mess. Does anyone have any further information?
Wow! Before taking off each time, I got a notice that where I was launching was a "desirable area" or similar term; don't recall the exact words. The first two times, I was within the boundaries of Seaside and Watercolor; the third time I was at Grayton Beach nearby.

Wow! Before taking off each time, I got a notice that where I was launching was a "desirable area" or similar term; don't recall the exact words. The first two times, I was within the boundaries of Seaside and Watercolor; the third time I was at Grayton Beach nearby.
That's a DJI notice. You can't rely on the DJI Fly app to inform you of all the regulations. The app fails to address many airspace flight limitations.

I found a blog discussion that has some additional information on flying in that area. The author has requested and obtained permission to fly in the Part 93 airspace.

That's a DJI notice. You can't rely on the DJI Fly app to inform you of all the regulations. The app fails to address many airspace flight limitations.

I found a blog discussion that has some additional information on flying in that area. The author has requested and obtained permission to fly in the Part 93 airspace.

Wow, this is really helpful! Thanks so much! I'm hoping to be back down there mid-May, so it's great to know this now so I can take care of things beforehand.

Reactions: MS Coast
Keep us posted on your experience. And share some photos and video.

Here's a shot of the Seaside town center with 30A stretching eastward toward Panama City. Not sure what res it'll post as, or whether you can click and zoom in, but I'm delighted with the image quality at full-res.

AirMM3 Seaside 22MAR04 0561.JPG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy