DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recommendations for RAW converter?

If yr a photographer, you’ve invested in a good DSLR and an expensive drone, why wouldn’t u use Lightroom? there’s nothing that compares ( believe me I’ve tried them all). Bridge is ok but it’s Adobe. I don’t think you’ll find many serious photographers that don’t use Lightroom. Yes we all hate Adobe but yr throwing the baby out with the bath water.
Because who wants to pay for software every year.

Because who wants to pay for software every year.
This a timeless,repeated discussion that we have had here many times.The thread usually go on and on, usually with no conclusions and everyone digging in their heels.

I, for one, use Photoshop CC 2022 and love it to death. I only use Lightroom for timelaspe( LRTimelapse). They are the same exact engines in every respect. Yes, it cost money, and I am glad to be able to afford it. Now, with Adobe's new MASKING tool, I don't know how I would edit without it. It is a game changer.

Here are 3 images I shot today with an iPhone. I processed the skies with one mask , and I processed the foregrounds with another mask. This is almost always the case with drone shots of sunrises and sunset with the large dynamic range. If I had not done this to the foregrounds , all three of these would have been dark to black without detail.

Dale
Rocks and sunset.jpgLoneMtnSunset-1 with moon.jpgSunset over condos.jpg

This a timeless,repeated discussion that we have had here many times.The thread usually go on and on, usually with no conclusions and everyone digging in their heels.

I, for one, use Photoshop CC 2022 and love it to death. I only use Lightroom for timelaspe( LRTimelapse). They are the same exact engines in every respect. Yes, it cost money, and I am glad to be able to afford it. Now, with Adobe's new MASKING tool, I don't know how I would edit without it. It is a game changer.

Here are 3 images I shot today with an iPhone. I processed the skies with one mask , and I processed the foregrounds with another mask. This is almost always the case with drone shots of sunrises and sunset with the large dynamic range. If I had not done this to the foregrounds , all three of these would have been dark to black without detail.

Dale
View attachment 152738
A bit over-baked from my POV, but I get the point.

I agree it's crazy to spend hundreds on a camera or camera drone then complain that the tools to use the photo output cost money, but just a fraction of the total.

Maybe some folks don't realize that post-processing is part of the process of photography?

A bit over-baked from my POV, but I get the point.

I agree it's crazy to spend hundreds on a camera or camera drone then complain that the tools to use the photo output cost money, but just a fraction of the total.

Maybe some folks don't realize that post-processing is part of the process of photography?
Totally agree with that! Even though your camera can record on AUTO doesn't produce fine imaged when there is a high dynamic range, or objects to remove.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S