DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Record flight path and camera movements...

FlyingClint82

Reactions
Hey Guys/Gals!
I just received my Mavic Zoom and I am needing it to do a specific task. Our church is building a new building and they want to have time lapse video of the building being built over the next 1.5 years. I flew a really cool shot using the Intelligent flight mode, POI, and then did the circle POI command. As it was circling I slow ascended and tilted camera down to capture the shot of the building site. it showed up on the map the route that it flew after I finished the course, but I have NO IDEA how to log this exact course and camera movement, so that I can basically fly it over and over again every week for the next 1.5 years to then go back and stitch frame by frame each flight together, so that I can create a massive time lapse over the course of years. Does anyone know how to do this task I am needing done? Thanks!

-Clint

I used a waypoint mission in Litchi (not ready yet for the M2 but they are probably working on it) to do the same thing for a house being built. If you want to keep your viewers interested then keep the individual videos to less than 10 seconds each. My house video had 5 or more clips merged together to make each orbit. I made a second version with longer individual clips for the contractor but the shorter version was more interesting.

If you do use some type of waypoint mission, check for obstacles carefully, have the initial test run at a very slow speed, watch it closely with your thumb over the RC pause button, and make your last waypoint your launch point so it will return there if connection with the RC is lost.

If you do use some type of waypoint mission, check for obstacles carefully, have the initial test run at a very slow speed, watch it closely with your thumb over the RC pause button, and make your last waypoint your launch point so it will return there if connection with the RC is lost.

Awesome! Thanks for all your tips! So basically though what your saying is, tracking points or recording flights is currently unavailable or disabled directly on the Mavic Go app?

...So basically though what your saying is, tracking points or recording flights is currently unavailable or disabled directly on the Mavic Go app?
I do not have a M2 but it is my understanding that waypoints is not yet available on Go 4 for the M2 (DJI is "working on it"). Litchi may have a beta version available for the M2, it is mentioned in this thread: Mavic 2 Pro - Missing Waypoints.

The waypoints advantage Litchi had over Go 4 was that you could plan your mission in advance and there are many more options available. In my version of Go 4 (for the MP), to use waypoints you would have to fly to a spot, stop to mark the waypoint, then fly to the next spot, etc. It seemed to act more like a hiking GPS waypoint marker than what is needed for your purpose.

Reactions: FlyingClint82
Would the Hyperlapse ‘waypoint’ mode suit your purposes where you can set up to 5 waypoints. Haven’t tried it yet and not sure if you can save route to use later? If so it might work.

:)

Would the Hyperlapse ‘waypoint’ mode suit your purposes where you can set up to 5 waypoints. Haven’t tried it yet and not sure if you can save route to use later? If so it might work.

:)

I had thought about using that feature, but I didn’t want the final product to look choppy. Rather I wanted an almost “CGI” looking effect of a smooth shot circling around as the building is erected. Thanks for the thought though. I might still give it a try to see what it looks like...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gebert94403