DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro - Missing Waypoints

JDPEagle

Reactions
"Waypoints" is missing from the intelligent flight modes despite being listed as a feature in the documentation. Firmware glitch or known limitation? I've seen rumors/mentions of Waypoint 2.0 making an appearance in a future software release.

Anyone have any specifics or details?

Reactions: sniels
"Waypoints" is missing from the intelligent flight modes despite being listed as a feature in the documentation. Firmware glitch or known limitation? I've seen rumors/mentions of Waypoint 2.0 making an appearance in a future software release.

The manual says "Coming Soon".

How comes that there are youtube videos where the waypoints mode is already explained? I do not see it in my app. ( here :

(at 2:33) it's already explained ...! ).

Can anyone confirm to have or not have the waypoints mode?

Given the manual says "coming soon" i guess they know about it. And i also guess you didnt read the manual!

It was a matter of timing and marketing. DJI wanted us to spend our money on an unfinished product before we spent $1000 on the next iPhone.

I read the user manual and saw the coming soon. Too bad they don't tell you that before you give them a credit card. Same with the Point of Interest, the way it is explained is ambiguous b/c there are 2 GO buttons secondly according to them you have to circle your POI before you can make the changes. Thirdy I have an iPhone 8 and the software will not allow me to use the horizontal gimbal movement. If I knew they were releasing a half-baked unit I would have NEVER given them my credit card.
The horizontal Kimbo

Reactions: Cruithnig
The horizontal gimbal movement works on iPhones.
Press and hold on the screen until a blue circle comes up and then you couldn’t move left and right up-and-down on the screen

Yes my waypoints in missing, there is NO Manual to discuss this, ALSO there is nothing telling us about how to use the Point of Interest. I am upset that I bought the Mavic 2 Pro, There is no help on Youtube, There are NO videos on the DJI site. The Point of Interest mode has to be manually adjusted while you are making a flight (great lets fly into a tree trying to figure it out) and when I went to the video section of DJI for Both Waypoint and POI there's no video, just a bunch of Chinese jibberish.

No help on youtube? There are tons of videos. Who cares if a few lil features arent working yet.. you want the drone or a feature?? I’ll take the drone, have fun with it, when the new firmware comes out, ill have more fun. Everyone wants to cry so much about little sh#^.

Reactions: SkySquinter
If I knew they were releasing a half-baked unit I would have NEVER given them my credit card.
Is this your first DJI drone? It’s fairly common knowledge that DJI takes a few months to iron out the kinks on a new model. I guess the same could be said of any drone manufacturer.

So if you’re not interested in being part of what is essentially a public beta test, then next time wait a few months before you purchase.

The beta is out now, and it works well.
The full release is available now, but unfortunately, it has a huge issue. It has noticeable jerkiness in the gimbal on waypoint missions when you interpolate from one waypoint to the next. It's not smooth like it should be (and like it was with the orginal Mavic). Litchi knows this is a problem, but they are blaming it on the DJI firmware.

The full release is available now, but unfortunately, it has a huge issue. It has noticeable jerkiness in the gimbal on waypoint missions when you interpolate from one waypoint to the next. It's not smooth like it should be (and like it was with the orginal Mavic). Litchi knows this is a problem, but they are blaming it on the DJI firmware.
Curious if this is platform-specific? Or region? I checked both my iOS and CrystalSky Go4 app and it doesn't show in either. Neither show pending updates on device or DJI Assistant. I'm in the US.

:rolleyes:

I hope Waypoints is released at some point, but it's definitely not available yet in GO 4. I have the latest version, and it's nowhere to be found. I know it exists at DJI (they have demoed it, and it appears in some of their Mavic 2 tutorial videos), but it must not be ready for prime time yet.

I hope Waypoints is released at some point, but it's definitely not available yet in GO 4. I have the latest version, and it's nowhere to be found. I know it exists at DJI (they have demoed it, and it appears in some of their Mavic 2 tutorial videos), but it must not be ready for prime time yet.
Thanks. I thought I was losing my mind looking for it.

Since the M2P is the only drone I've owned or flown, I've never experienced waypoints using a DJI drone control application.

However, I have flown a couple of programmed routes with the M2P using Litchi. I'm just getting started so far, but I was happy with the results of those first flights.

What am I missing? Is there some reason that people don't want to use Litchi, other than having to pay $23 for it?

Reactions: vinhidalgo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada