DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro - Missing Waypoints

What am I missing? Is there some reason that people don't want to use Litchi, other than having to pay $23 for it?

I used Litchi all the time with my Mavic Pro, but it has a major bug with the Mavic 2 in Waypoint mode. Instead of smoothly rotating the gimbal to interpolate between waypoints, it has a jerkiness that essentially ruins the quality of the video. According to Litchi, this is due to an issue with the Mavic 2 firmware.

I used Litchi all the time with my Mavic Pro, but it has a major bug with the Mavic 2 in Waypoint mode. Instead of smoothly rotating the gimbal to interpolate between waypoints, it has a jerkiness that essentially ruins the quality of the video. According to Litchi, this is due to an issue with the Mavic 2 firmware.
Got it. I’m more interested in stills than video.

I have been waiting for waypoints and have not heard any news. If you use an iPad, you might want to try the app "DJI GS Pro". It has waypoints and now supports the Mavic 2. All points can be individually set for height, direction, gimbal, speed, ect... Can also be set to take pictures or turn on/off video recording, gimbal angle. ect. And it's free...
From the official forum,
Waypoint Flying for video.

We probably would never be satisfied. If they released it early and it has problems, we'd complain. If they told us they held back because of performance issues, we'd complain. Then again they didn't communicate at all, which is probably annoying us most.

Reactions: kilomikebravo
The latest from Litchi support on the Mavic 2 jerkiness with waypoints: "We are aware about this issue and we are waiting DJI SDK team good news about it. For now, they have not come back to us yet with a fix. It will probably come with a firmware update because it’s a mavic 2 issue only."

Reactions: ff22
I’m new-ish. I too do not see the waypoint 2 feature under intelligent modes. Dumb question: is there maybe a second page. I have read the manual (dated/version mismatch) and watched many a year old video. Problem is the features aren’t revealed desktop. Gotta go flying which is great but I’m busy trying to see my phone screen in the sun and watch my bird so I don’t crash. Say preoccupied. Learning about functions is fun, I’m not complaining I am trying to find out about this function bc it would be perfect for what I had in mind

Problem is the features aren’t revealed desktop. Gotta go flying which is great but I’m busy trying to see my phone screen in the sun and watch my bird so I don’t crash.

You‘re seeing a shortcoming of Go 4 app’s Waypoint 2.0 feature. Popular third-party apps like Litchi and Dronelink allow you to:
  1. Create flight missions on a browser first, with variances on how you would do a virtual test flight first (to check parameters, especially altitude)
  2. Synchronize the saved mission to the respective app
  3. Then go out and fly with that app
This concept took me a half-hour of forum searching and reading to learn. I’m fairly new to both apps, so the stay@home orders gives me time to watch YouTube, read manuals, and learn how to create smooth video and photo missions.

Both apps are available on the Apple and Android app stores. For more information: Control Apps - DJI, Litchi, Autopilot, etc...

Last edited:
Reactions: RustyBonz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3